King Charles III & Queen Camilla Are Facing a 'New Era of Vocal Opposition' to the Monarchy & It's Getting Ugly

Scott

fcc78d8ae06a086f911206a791f54c27

It has to be hard at this point for King Charles III and Camilla, Queen Consort to ignore the protestors that greet them at their royal appearances lately. It’s something that didn’t happen very often when Queen Elizabeth II was alive, but now, things are much different with Charles in charge.

It’s what Celebitchy dubbed the “new era for vocal opposition of the British monarchy.” While the U.K. media outlets only write negative headlines about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle who are living in the U.S., everyone seems to be looking in the other direction about the royal family’s PR crisis.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/king-charles-iii-queen-camilla-181346852.html

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

When I was a youth I was too busy working to protest.

Guess the current crop have a lot more time on their hands.

Maybe if you had stood up for yourself and your fellow man when you were younger, the youth of today would not have to put in the effort to address the issues you turned a blind eye to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There seem to be few reports of protests and demonstrations against the monarchy in the whole world of printed and broadcast media. Those that there are seem to be confined to a few dozen placard wavers and the odd egg thrower.

All of which must infuriate organisations such as "Celebitchy"!

• Like 1

Celebitchy? ????

Says it all really.

It's sad how jealousy of Britain and it's royal family exposes itself so often. I guess when your "Royalty" is Kim Kardashian it must be painful to see ours.

image.png.932a26300205a047fd9b4256e1764769.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Celebitchy? ????

Says it all really.

It's sad how jealousy of Britain and it's royal family exposes itself so often. I guess when your "Royalty" is Kim Kardashian it must be painful to see ours.

image.png.932a26300205a047fd9b4256e1764769.png

I'll take the bait on this one.  I don't think most Americans are jealous.  It's not an institution they have ever had or lived under.  A lot of people are enamored with the Royals.  But, Americans have no stake in the Monarchy, so it is something that many enjoy,  

I like my monarchy. There have been quite a few scandals in the past, with present social media that could, probably would, have meant the end of the monarchy, but they seem to have adjusted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I like my monarchy. There have been quite a few scandals in the past, with present social media that could, probably would, have meant the end of the monarchy, but they seem to have adjusted.

I dislike my monarchy because of the scandals of the past. They have not gotten better.

In 1975, a great elected leader of my country was deposed by the corrupt abuse of unelected power by the monarchy which resulted in permanent damage. 

Edited by ozimoron

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Charles will come to regret that he didn't pass it directly to William.

If he doesn't come to his senses soon, IMO it's going to be difficult to keep the monarchy in it's present form. IMO he and Camilla are just too unpopular to be the right people to save it.

Give the guy a break, he's been waiting 40 years for his turn.

Let him play King for a year or 5 before handing over.

Just now, BritManToo said:

Give the guy a break, he's been waiting 40 years for his turn.

Let him play King for a year or 5 before handing over.

Except he'll probably see the end of the institution if he doesn't hand it over to William. He's just not popular.

Anyway, he'll probably be dead in a few years so a waste of money changing the stationary.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:29 AM, Kwasaki said:

Media again causing trouble, Charles has been helping young people most of his life but who wants good news.

That's true of course, he does deserve strong praise for his foundation has given hundreds of young people a new and successful life and happiness.

But there's more to the picture, he's had plenty of moments where he's been rude to other folks on camera. The incident when he got terse about the pens at a signing weren't necessary and he should know better.

The ultimate point;  I've asked many brits about Camila, seems she's not liked / she's severely not liked by many folks, simple suburban folks, educated, & high profile folks and hasn't been / probably will never be forgiven for her past behaviors).

Edited by scorecard

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

That's true of course, he does deserve strong praise for his foundation has given hundreds of young people a new and successful life and happiness.

But there's more to the picture, he's had plenty of moments where he's been rude to other folks on camera. The incident when he got terse about the pens at a signing weren't necessary and he should know better.

The ultimate point;  I've asked many brits about Camila, seems she's not liked / she's severely not liked by many folks, simple suburban folks, educated, & high profile folks and hasn't been / probably will never be forgiven for her past behaviors).

I will just say I'm happy for Chaz & Camilla at end of the day they are human and I have no right to judge on any moral grounds either cause I can still be a butterfly. ????

6 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I hope to see the end of this institution within my lifetime.

In the UK, the Royal Family were the arbiters of slavery. They were the ones who owned the slave trading companies. In fact; In the 17th century Charles II granted a charter to the Royal African Company and his brother, James II, would later become its governor. Under royal blessing, the company became the largest single slave trader in British history, bringing perhaps 100,000 captive Africans to the Americas before 1713.

The family have no place in our modern world. They bring no value to the UK - Tourists would still come and visit Buckingham Palace and other Royal themed places - it's not like they currently get to meet and greet the King is it? Each time they go abroad, they embarrass themselves. Either having to apologize for previous colonial behavior, apologize for slavery or even being told that they want to break away from the monarchy and become independent nations.

We should raise our children to believe that no-one should have titles, honors, power and a lavish lifestyle from birth. These things should be earned. Let's move to a presidential system, and whilst we are at it, let's remove the house of lords. Replace it with an elected senate like almost every other democratic country in the world.

boring, rehashed info, nothing to do with this thread title, just a royal hater

18 minutes ago, steve187 said:

boring, rehashed info, nothing to do with this thread title, just a royal hater

So someone opposing the monarchy has nothing to do with the thread 'New Era of Vocal Opposition'.
You mean you disagree with his view.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1