Re-entry permit at CNX (trip report)

A lot of hassle getting re-entry permit at the Immigration office near the airport.  They appear to have a quota for the queue & people were turned away after the lunch break, with advice to try again tomorrow.  Amazing Thailand!  Should be a 5 minute job for each applicant.

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

A lot of hassle getting re-entry permit at the Immigration office near the airport.  They appear to have a quota for the queue & people were turned away after the lunch break, with advice to try again tomorrow.  Amazing Thailand!  Should be a 5 minute job for each applicant.

I never had any hassle when I did it at my local immigration

13 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

At about the 25 minute mark, I casually remarked "you guys know I'm here to catch a flight, right?" and that seemed to provide the impetus to wrap things up.  I did receive the re-entry permit, with a receipt and the correct change.

One of the reasons why I never get a re entry at the airport its so risky when you have a flight to catch. Easy to do at immigration and even easier if you get an agent to do it for an extra 200 baht at the same time as you get your extension of stay.

Curious as to why Thai Immigration Officers questioned you at the Chiang Mai airport when all you wanted was to buy a re-entry permit.

Did you obtain your extension of stay as retired STAMP from an AGENT... Who OBTAINED the STAMP from the JOMTIEN Immigration office. Though you reside in Chiang Mai. 

If so, that may have caught the eyes of the Thai Immigration Officers as you were flying from Chiang Mai airport.

It's strange to have them question you. Glad you were able to get the Re-entry permit 

Edited by travelerjim
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:22 AM, jimn said:

One of the reasons why I never get a re entry at the airport its so risky when you have a flight to catch. Easy to do at immigration and even easier if you get an agent to do it for an extra 200 baht at the same time as you get your extension of stay.

Ever heard of anyone missing a flight or failing to get the reentry? Other than someone forgetting to do it? 

Edited by amexpat
clarity

On 3/9/2023 at 9:52 PM, Yorkshire Tea said:

Immigration at Central Festival - 10 minutes and no one is turned away. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2023 at 11:53 AM, Yorkshire Tea said:

I thought they stopped doing them there on 8th March.  There was an official announcement.  Only at Immigration near the airport from 9th.

Yes, there is a sign posted at the Festival immigration office stating that they are no longer doing re-entry permits since March 8, and that you need to go to the immigration office near the airport.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:22 AM, jimn said:

How much is the fee at immigration office ?

On 3/9/2023 at 8:21 PM, TheAppletons said:

multiple re-entry permit at the airport prior

How much was the multiple re-entry fee at the airport?

16 hours ago, Derek B said:

How much is the fee at immigration office ?

How much was the multiple re-entry fee at the airport?

It's 3,800 thb for a multiple re-entry permit at both immigration and at the airport satellite booth.