Dietician

ThaiPauly

Hi ,does anyone know of any dieticians in CM.. ?

Can be private or attached to a hospital  but one you can recommend through a successful  experience would be preferable obviously.

I have IBS and need more than Mr.Google to start me on the correct path to eliminating it

Many thanks

can't help, BUT I've had some luck eliminating as much sugar as possible.  also, basically no more junk food.  and no more fried food.   less carbs, way less, and I've even been skipping breakfast but taking some MCT oil.  Also, iron tablets, fish oil and some magnesium at night.   Thailand lets you play doctor on yourself, and this mix of stuff has gotten rid of my IBS.   Side effects..... actually, too much energy when at rest.  like it puts my brain in overdrive.  so, yea, playing doctor will likely kill me.  lol.   anyhow, cut all sugar, processed food, and maybe only carbs for one meal.  

I'll cut off the iron after a month or so......... blood tests were normal, but at the low end.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried getting rid of sugar before but I failed over and over and over and over again..... then I bought this.

นำเข้า???????? (Exp05/24) Mct Oil Natures Way Mct Oil From Coconut KETO (480ml) น้ำมัน เอ็มซีที คีโต ขายดีอันดับ 1 ในอเมริกา

game changer for me!!!!!   It's not that cheap at like 750 baht per bottle, but I take a teaspoon when I wake up right before black coffee and NO headaches ever, no appetite, and I'm good to roll until around 11 a.m. (wake up at 6 a.m.).   Now I walk in 7-11 and wonder how I ever craved any of that "devil food".    lol.     If I do carbs, I'll do it for breakfast on the weekend and AFTER one hour after getting some MCT oil.  

ok, i've highjacked this thead maybe too much.  sorry, good luck. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

I tried getting rid of sugar before but I failed over and over and over and over again..... then I bought this.

นำเข้า???????? (Exp05/24) Mct Oil Natures Way Mct Oil From Coconut KETO (480ml) น้ำมัน เอ็มซีที คีโต ขายดีอันดับ 1 ในอเมริกา

game changer for me!!!!!   It's not that cheap at like 750 baht per bottle, but I take a teaspoon when I wake up right before black coffee and NO headaches ever, no appetite, and I'm good to roll until around 11 a.m. (wake up at 6 a.m.).   Now I walk in 7-11 and wonder how I ever craved any of that "devil food".    lol.     If I do carbs, I'll do it for breakfast on the weekend and AFTER one hour after getting some MCT oil.  

I have an unopened bottle of coconut oil in the cupboard, I will check in the morning if it is the one you recommend

10 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Great to hear that you are having such success with what appears to be approaching a Keto lifestyle without needing to worry about the details. Low Carb works. It doesn't require keeping charts and lists the way some follow Keto and the results are 'almost' the same, health-wise. More energy, far less body inflammation, no big hunger spikes, etc. Pretty positive results all around!

well, IBS is certainly a pain in the ass-and other associated regions. the bloating and gurgling is very unpleasant. 

When I was really struggling with it, my onco/haemo consultant here (not a deitician) suggested cutting out lactose and gluten. Very successful. But not immediate as gluten lingers in the system for several weeks. But I was much better fairly quickly and pretrty much cured after a year. 

If I regress because I get fed up with being faddy, and eat some pizza, then IBS comes back with a vengeance.

Lactose free is easy, as most shops stock lactose free milk-and CM bread in Nong Hoi has tasty lactose free cheese, but a little normal cheese is not a problem for me.

There is a gf facebook group  -gluten free chiang mai that makes the transition to gf easier.

Normal beer is a gluten problem, but Beer lao and Cheers Riceberry (both rice based) are fine for me.

I would suggest cutting gluten and lactose for a few months and see if that helps you.

I also used to take a spoonful of psyllium husk in a glass of water daily. the extra fibre helped

Best of luck. The changes above were life changing for me. Everyone's microbiome is different though -not sure if you have read The Gut Doctor-useful website.

• Thumbs Up 1