Banned from using Food Panda for no reason

elena edwards

Spent half the morning attempting to make sense of Food Panda's total unhelpfullness as regarding registration and delivery of an online order of dog food via Big C. Filled everything required, first requesting of cash on delivery was banned , then giving my Bangkok Bank card when cash was also refused. Still refused - went on to the chat facility offered by the online delivery page - total waste of time and no result - also refusal to calm my fears of my requested use of my card details. I'd also wanted to use the service for evening meal delivery - I'm not a great cook! Has anyone else had this issue - I live a good drive from my nearest Big C - fed up with the traffic and don't have local stores which supply my three furballs' favourite meals!!

I have discovered both Food Panda and even Grab can be, how shall I say it, "fickle" at times.  Depending on the weather, time of day, paying with cash or bank card i have gotten the "no drivers available".  AKA = no drivers want to pick my order.  

Give Grab Food Delivery or even Line now delivers food.  

TIT and at least Thai driver don't demand certain amount for tips like some food delivery drivers in the US.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Bangkok Bank's activated debit cards are often rejected for online purchases for reasons best know to themselves and the retailers, it's not unusual.  Use another card if you can or get Big C to deliver.   Why are you negotiating with Food Panda?   If Big C nominates them as the delivery company, Big C should be dealing with them.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I have discovered both Food Panda and even Grab can be, how shall I say it, "fickle" at times.  Depending on the weather, time of day, paying with cash or bank card i have gotten the "no drivers available".  AKA = no drivers want to pick my order.  

You can say that again. Last order Sushi from a well known Restaurant, first order - No Driver available.

2nd time, I choose Priority Delivery and order was already in the kitchen and again - No Driver available.

Got a phone call from the Restaurant if we could pick it up ourselves and if we went we got a substantial discount (order was well over 1k THB) but unfortunately was not able to go (that's why used Grab)