Invest more than 10M Baht to get non-immigrant investor visa questions

Hello everyone.

I want to invest more than 10M Baht in Thailand in order to get a non-immigrant investor visa.

I am a bit confused from all the information on the internet of how the process works.

I will mention that I live in other country and don't have intention to immigrate to Thailand in the near future. I junt want to invest at a bank's Fixed Balance account and government bonds.

I read that in order to get non-immigrant investor visa, first I have to invest the 10M. But how can I open a bank account in thailand and transfer the money before I get any kind of visa?  What is the esaiest process to do it?

Thank you.

Dror :)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/12/2023 at 6:31 AM, DrJack54 said:

An agent can obtain bank account approx 4k baht.

Since you don't intend to use the visa to live in Thailand crazy idea. 

He said he doesn't want to immigrate in the near future, not he doesn't want to immigrate at all. 

He want to have 10M invested here in fixed deposit or Govt bonds for when he does want to immigrate.

Always nice to have options and places you can escape to if things in the country you are living change.

Plenty of people out there for whom 10M is pocket change and well done to those people for having figured out how to make lots of money.

I wish people who don't have that sort of cash would be a bit less jealous about people with money.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

He said he doesn't want to immigrate in the near future, not he doesn't want to immigrate at all. 

He want to have 10M invested here in fixed deposit or Govt bonds for when he does want to immigrate.

Always nice to have options and places you can escape to if things in the country you are living change.

Plenty of people out there for whom 10M is pocket change and well done to those people for having figured out how to make lots of money.

I wish people who don't have that sort of cash would be a bit less jealous about people with money.

10 Million USD or 10 Million Thb?

For 10 Million USD he could by a few condos and an Elite 20 year Visa.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

10 Million USD or 10 Million Thb?

For 10 Million USD he could by a few condos and an Elite 20 year Visa.

The OP clearly says "10M Baht", which happens to be the amount required for this kind of "visa" (extension).

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

The OP clearly says "10M Baht", which happens to be the amount required for this kind of "visa" (extension).

your right, I missed the 

On 3/11/2023 at 10:17 PM, Dror1992 said:

Baht in Thailand

My mistake and apologies.