Desirable Neighbourhoods In Chiang Mai

We're traveling up to CM this weekend to look at some houses for rent, I'll be driving around looking at areas of interest, I'm willing to spend between B5-15,000 per month, I would love somewhere quiet but I don't want to be too far from town, I would like a fair sized garden too.

What areas should I be looking in?

I've had some suggested to me before but I've forgotten them :D

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nikkijah :o

Chiang Mai is huge. Can you narrow it down some more, including whether you'd be willing to spend closer to 15K or to 5K? How many bedrooms?

Within 5km of the city centre would be nice, I'd prefer to spend no more than B10,000 ideally...

3 bedrooms would be nice although 2 is enough for now.

an area with some greenery would also be nice, not too built-up and no houses literally stuck together is preferable :o

Chiang Mai is huge. Can you narrow it down some more, including whether you'd be willing to spend closer to 15K or to 5K? How many bedrooms?

Within 5km of the city centre would be nice, I'd prefer to spend no more than B10,000 ideally...

3 bedrooms would be nice although 2 is enough for now.

an area with some greenery would also be nice, not too built-up and no houses literally stuck together is preferable :D

Don't know an "area" to suggest as I've never been there! :o

But I've been looking at something similar and this site is the best I've come across so far...

http://www.chiangmaihouse.com/

Good luck in your search... :D

RAZZ

Cheers RAZZELL, I've found this site before and lots of others but after asking questions here on tv.com and when I was in CM last month I see there is a noticeable difference in the prices I'll pay on a site or through an estate agent to the prices I'll pay if I just drive around some neighbourhoods looking for something personally...

I just thought I'd bump this thread to the top again as I've had no real responses to my questions and I'm going tomorrow :o

Cheers RAZZELL, I've found this site before and lots of others but after asking questions here on tv.com and when I was in CM last month I see there is a noticeable difference in the prices I'll pay on a site or through an estate agent to the prices I'll pay if I just drive around some neighbourhoods looking for something personally...

I just thought I'd bump this thread to the top again as I've had no real responses to my questions and I'm going tomorrow :bah:

I asked my g/f about this as she comes from just outside CM...I'm not sure if she understood as everywhere was "soo-ay mak"... :D

Will try again later...she did meantion some places but I've forgotten the names...Will call her and have a pen and paper ready... :bah:

Have you posted this in the CM forum...? You might get a better response... ;)

P.S. Sodding Harlow....I know what you mean :D I was at Journalism College there... :o

I hope you don't live too near to "Posh and Becks" and "Jade Goody" :o:D:D

RAZZ

If you've ever gone house hunting in a metro area of a million people, especially if you're a stranger who doesn't speak the language, you're going to be lost. yes, this question should also be asked in the Chiang Mai forum, although now the original poster is already making her second tour of the area.

I've done a little of that driving around the neighborhoods I thought I wanted, asking at the front desk of the condominiums, both in Hua Hin and Chiang Mai. 90% dead ends. It would be worse looking for 'for rent' signs on properties in moobahns, I suppose. Good luck, but find a native speaking Thai who knows the neighborhoods.