Jomtien Immigration - rules around when a 45 day exempt can be extended for 30 days

Been going to Jomtien Immigration for a while and always have done the 30 day extension after a 45 day exempt stamp within 2 weeks of arriving in Thailand. Today when I went to the front desk with the two ladies giving the queue numbers, one of them said I'm too early and need to come back 7 days before the expiry of my stamp. I told her in the past I've always been doing it early but she wouldn't give me a queue number and said come back 7 days before expiry. 

My question is, is this a new rule implemented by Jomtien Immigration recently where they don't let you extend until 7 days before your stamp expires? My stamp will expire around Songkran so I want to get this extension done asap before the big queues rush to get their extentions prior to Songkran.

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nup....just a other ridiculous immigration officer making your life difficult. 

It was one of the two women at the front desk checking paperwork and giving queue numbers once you enter the front door.

12 hours ago, bbi1 said:

It was one of the two women at the front desk checking paperwork and giving queue numbers once you enter the front door.

Not completely reliable. Gave me a wrong form once and created a domino effect nearly cost me 30K baht in tea money.

Jomtien have told me in the past( before Covid) one week before, so maybe it depends on the person you see. Also, there are quite big queues . It is a very small office for all Pattaya and Jomtien. Just 

go very early in the morning before opening.,, you’ll never queue more than 30 mins.

• Like 1