Is a copy of Yellow book house registration required for renewal of Marriage visa or WP?

I wanted to know if a copy of Yellow book house registration required for renewal of Marriage visa or WP?

I specifically wanted to know this in the event that I move my yellow book registration to Bangkok for the purposes of applying for citizenship. Doing this would mean that I would have a bangkok address which subsequently differs from my wifes address here in the south of thailand where we actually live

thanks

No.... you could be living in rented accommodation and renewing your ‘extension of stay based on Marriage to a Thai’ (and work Permit). 

That said, I think a Yellow House book is one of the requirements for PR and Citizenship application. 

Why would you want to move your registered address to Bangkok if you are living in the south ?

Can you not apply for citizenship being registered in the South ? or there some advice which suggests its easier if you are registered in Bangkok ?

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No.... you could be living in rented accommodation and renewing your ‘extension of stay based on Marriage to a Thai’ (and work Permit). 

That said, I think a Yellow House book is one of the requirements for PR and Citizenship application. 

Why would you want to move your registered address to Bangkok if you are living in the south ?

Can you not apply for citizenship being registered in the South ? or there some advice which suggests its easier if you are registered in Bangkok ?

Its well known that the best place to apply for citizenship is special branch on sukhumvit. Most applicants move their yellow book to central bangkok and apply there. Its common for farang in their respective province to go and have a chat with the SB in their muncipality. But its also common that the guy will say something like. 'in the last 20 years he has never had a successful applicant'. Ive heard many examples of this in different provinces. Nuff said

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Its well known that the best place to apply for citizenship is special branch on sukhumvit. Most applicants move their yellow book to central bangkok and apply there. Its common for farang in their respective province to go and have a chat with the SB in their muncipality. But its also common that the guy will say something like. 'in the last 20 years he has never had a successful applicant'. Ive heard many examples of this in different provinces. Nuff said

Makes sense...

I imagine that applying in an area where there is greater familiarity with such applications is easier than hitting the ‘brick wall’ from provincial offices who are unsure of the process and thus put up stumbling blocks. 

Anyway... If moving your Yellow Book registration to Bangkok you will not need that for renewal of your extension of stay.  A lot of people remain here on an extensions of stay based on marriage to a Thai without being in possession of a Yellow Tabien Baan / house book. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Makes sense...

I imagine that applying in an area where there is greater familiarity with such applications is easier than hitting the ‘brick wall’ from provincial offices who are unsure of the process and thus put up stumbling blocks. 

Anyway... If moving your Yellow Book registration to Bangkok you will not need that for renewal of your extension of stay.  A lot of people remain here on an extensions of stay based on marriage to a Thai without being in possession of a Yellow Tabien Baan / house book. 

Thanks for your reply. I think you're correct. Many people dont get the yellow book. I remember the ladies down at the district office making it very hard for me to get my yellow book even though my name was on the lease of our building and my wife on the blue book. Actually I seem to remember them saying that if I was not married I would not be able to be on a yellow book. In general, I find the government officers in all departments that Ive dealt with over the years to be very unhelpful towards me. I think they really do see us as second class citizens. Its hard living in a country where they think this way.