Bit Dribble

raslin

All they said ^^^

Additionally, the longer you're on line the quicker it gets as more seeders become visible, a fair chance would be leaving it online overnight.

Have you checked that you've got the correct ports forwarded on your router as this can be the source of slow download speeds, you probably also want to shift away from the default ports used by your software, many ISPs are blocking these ports.

What film was you downloading? If it was some obscure arty Belgium flick 39 days might be right, if it was something that just come out then it should only take a couple of hours on a 1 mb line. Check how many seeders there are that are giving you the film.

One other issue might be that some Thai ISPs block bit torrent ports during the day. It's not happening with me, but I know a CSLOXINFO subscriber who has bit torrent ports blocked from 8 - 5pm, Monday through Friday.

One other issue might be that some Thai ISPs block bit torrent ports during the day. It's not happening with me, but I know a CSLOXINFO subscriber who has bit torrent ports blocked from 8 - 5pm, Monday through Friday.

Strangely my 1024/512 true connection seems to work the opposite. Browsing is mediocre, 1 thread downloads are hideous (5-10 KBps) but torrents are relatively fast. I can't even use skype or 64kbps radio stations on my connection anymore but torrents are fine, averaging 50-60 Kbps and some going over 100. Nice bandwidth management True! Conversely my maxnet connection was fine for most things but bittorrent was never usable.

• 1 month later...
I can't even use skype or 64kbps radio stations on my connection anymore but torrents are fine, averaging 50-60 Kbps and some going over 100. Nice bandwidth management True! Conversely my maxnet connection was fine for most things but bittorrent was never usable.

Veazer,

I just signed up for Maxnet because Hinet is going away at the end of the month.

With Hinet I could use Skype and Skype Out reasonably well. I can also use P2P apps and Bittorrent apps fairly well.

What happens when you try to use Skype? It's very important to me for personal and business reasons. I stop any downloading that might be going on when I try to make a VOIP call.

How about Bittorrent (I use Azureus)? What do you mean by "never usable"? :o

Most torrent I download take many days, so I don't expect lightning speed. Same for other types of P2P. But at least it has been working under Hinet.

My worry is that with Maxnet all my torents will stop (at least until I can figure out a port workaround).

So the OP is stealing a movie (i.e. not paying for it) and complaining that it takes too long to download. A little petty if you ask me.

Mod's generally don't allow discussion of illegal activities on this forum, yet when it comes to posts about downloading copyrighted music and movies from BT, they turn a blind eye.

So the OP is stealing a movie (i.e. not paying for it) and complaining that it takes too long to download. A little petty if you ask me.

Mod's generally don't allow discussion of illegal activities on this forum, yet when it comes to posts about downloading copyrighted music and movies from BT, they turn a blind eye.

To lessen your ignorance I should point out that Angel and the Bad Man is public domain. See www.archive.org

What's it to you?

Another Microslush Croonie From: Seattle, WA :o

Guest Reimar
To lessen your ignorance I should point out that Angel and the Bad Man is public domain. See www.archive.org

The copyright for movies applies for 50 years, after that it's public domain (open) material and can use by evryone!

That's why I was able to upload the Laurel & Hardy movies the download section!

Hey, thanks for the tangent about why we would use torrent software guys. :D

Do you use Maxnet? BitTorrent?

It would be great to get some realistic anecdotes comparing BitTorrent on Hinet vs Maxnet.

Monty, a knowledgeable poster on this thread, posted some relevant and ominous info on a related thread (many of us are probably following that one too, but maybe not all).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1493425

He said that CAT owns the international bandwidth that we get with Hinet. Unless TT&T now has an equal access to it relative to it's customer usage, this will be a good explanation for why Maxnet is worse for anything that connects overseas.

Now the question is, does their new arrangement regarding overseas access (I'm not clear on this) have any bearing on what will happen in September or so? When we signed up for Maxnet for September, we were told that the download speed would increase from 1024 to 2.5mbs. Either that is an unworkable promotion (akin to "1 million cows") that will grind everything to a halt, or they really have made some serious infrastructure improvements.

But if that was true, it would be noticeable by now I suppose. :o