DHLitNow

NanLaew

Has anyone recently used DHLitNow which is DHL's online UK portal for quick and easy pre-paid courier collection in the UK for delivery worldwide including Thailand?

I last used it maybe a couple of years ago and it was fast and efficient and great for time-sensitive documents. However, I logged in this morning to set up a courier delivery from the UK and there's a warning that EVERY recipient in Thailand must have pre-registered as an importer to allow DHL to act as Thai Customs brokers. Thai nationals just need to use their ID but foreigners need to provide passport, work permit and visa/extension information. There's a link that takes you to an uninformative DHL Thailand web page that has an email address for enquiries it doesn't work/doesn't exist.

Although DHLitNow can handle goods and packages, I am only ever sending documents. This seems all a bit of a ball ache for documents so wondering if anyone else has used this specific service recently and if they needed to do the pre-registartion hokum. It could be just a generic warning and not needed for documents.

No debates on how they are a rip off, etc.. Just any recent experience with this specific product line.

Thanks

NL

2 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

Thanks, my alternative is Royal Mail International tracked and signed which is a helluva lot cheaper and I had no issues with it over the past couple of years. Took about 10 days door-to-door and traceable all the way.

The reason I was asking about DHL is due to the time-sensitive bit of me possibly having left the country before it gets here but I reckon I can maybe just squeak this one in.