Hi

I am a 33 englishman living in the UK, I wish to apply for a visa to work in thailand. I would like to set up a bar/restaurant with my thai girlfriend. I am looking for as much as information as I can get to aid me in my application. I understand that I would need to have a thai business partner to do this and this would be my girlfriend. I am at the very first stages of this venture so my knowledge of the process involved is minumum. I have read some information regarding visas but would like a breakdown of the whole process and costs involved..

I look forward to hearing from anybody who can help me find this information.

Thankyou

Jay

Hi Jay,

It takes a lawyer who is well- versed in corporate law to properly set up a company to protect your interests, especially when you are a minority shareholder. We have eight licensed lawyers who can help you obtain that goal using different strategies such as different classes of shares, etc. We welcome the opportunity to set up such a corporation for you.

The first step is to get a multi entry non immigrant B visa. You can get this in Hull

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/Bvisas.htm Our company does help with the letter of guarantee from time to time, if we feel the person is sincere. This visa would be good for one year or 15 months if timed right ( Visa expires on July 1st 2005, you enter Thailand on June 30th and you get 90 more days)

With this type of visa, you don't need 4 Thai employees per work permit or a salary of 50,000 per month. You just need to cross the border every 90 days. You can meet your work permit requirement simply by paying tax of 18,000 Baht per year.

If you however do meet the requirements with your company having 4 Thai employees, having 2 million baht registered capital (simply on paper not needed to be paid up at first) with 1 million being working capital and your salary of 50,000 Baht being paid per month, you can apply for the one year visa after you obtain your work permit and then you have no need to travel.

If you are a Director and seek a work permit, the company registration capital must be 2 million. At this time, it does not have to be paid up, just on paper. You should however pay towards the shares after 30 days of company set up. Failure to do so may result in a fine.

Our rates are the LOWEST in Thailand but more important we have what many consider very accurate advice. This is a fact.

As for the bar/restaurant....www.sunbeltasia.com is a site that you can review. This will give you over 200 bar/restaurants that are available to own, because of human reasons such as partnership disputes, divorce, relocation, health and retirement. The advantage of acquiring an existing business is you almost always can acquire it cheaper than starting from scratch as well as immediate cash flow. Due diligence is of course needed but if done right, you have much higher odds of success than a business plan of starting with a empty retail space.

We welcome the opportunity to assist you.

Regards,

Greg Lange

Managing Director

Sunbelt Asia

www.sunbeltasia.com

Hi Greg,your reply to jujufish has partly answered a similar question I have just posted.Would someone on a non-O get the same work permit conditions as a non-B ?ie.would I need 4 thai employee's?Is a non-B a better bet?I too am looking into the possibility of running a guest-house,bar etc. cheers Matty