Beware The Leeches

KaronSteve

Taken from the Phuket Gazette

http://www.phuketgazette.net/queernews/ind...0&display=1

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Brownnose bloodsucker

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: A man was admitted to Bua Yai Hospital on June 7 with complaints of abdominal pains, which he said were caused by a leech that crawled up inside his anus while he was trying to catch fish for his wife’s dinner.

Nong Chingpho, 43, told doctors that he had intermittent stomach pains for about a month, ever since his wife saw a leech crawl into his bottom. He tried taking anti-worm pills, but the pains persisted and he sometimes noticed blood in his feces, he told doctors.

Doctors at the hospital X-rayed K. Nong, but found nothing out of the ordinary. To be on the safe side, they decided to keep him in overnight for observation and to arrange for him to be X-rayed again at Maharaj Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital, which has more advanced X-ray equipment.

K. Nong explained that on May 16 his wife said she wanted fish for dinner, so he went to try and catch some at a pond nearby railway tracks in Namcharoen Village.

After a while, he began to feet itchy. Coming out of the water, he noticed a number of leeches clinging to his body. He pulled the bloodsuckers off and got back in the water, determined to catch a fish. But not long after he did, he felt an itch around his anus and again got out of the water, K. Nong said.

Waiting by the side of the pond was his wife Aphinya, 40. He asked her to have a look to see what was causing his discomfort.

She pulled down his shorts – he was wearing no underpants – and was shocked to see the tail end of a leech, at least three centimeters long, hanging out from his anus.

K. Aphinya grabbed the leech and tried to pull it out, but could not get a firm grip on its slimy exterior. When her fingers slipped off its body, the leech worked its way well up into K. Nong’s bottom, he said.

When he returned home he took anti-parasite medication, but was still not sure if the leech had died or not.

A few days later, he developed a stomach ache that persisted, on and off, until eventually he decided he should see a doctor to find out if the leech was to blame.

“I want to warn anyone who goes swimming to wear tight-fitting underpants as a leech could crawl into your bottom or genitals and you’ll end up with the same problem as me,” K. Nong said.

“Now I always feel uncomfortable and sometimes there is blood in my feces,” he added.

Dr Chanon Chaodamrongsakul, Director of Bua Yai Hospital, repeated K. Nong’s warning that anyone swimming in freshwater ponds of lakes should wear tight-fitting undies. A leech entering a woman’s sexual organs could be particularly dangerous, he noted.

Doctors treating K. Nong would first have to determine whether the leech was still inside him and, if so, where exactly it was, Dr Chanon added.

They would then have to find a way to remove it, he continued, possibly using a scope and tweezers. If the leech was in a position that could not be reached by a scope and tweezers, they may he have to operate.

This story sounds a little, how should I say, over embellished! :o

Anyway - Leech removal is very easy. Do not pull it or cut it off, parts of the leech will remain in the skin causing an infection. Sprinke table salt on the leech & it will quickly release, rugurgitate any blood allready drunk & shrivel up & die. Clean & dress the wound, which will continue to bleed for a while.

Wish the same remedy would work for the two legged variety. :D

Soundman.

Anyway - Leech removal is very easy. Do not pull it or cut it off, parts of the leech will remain in the skin causing an infection. Sprinke table salt on the leech & it will quickly release, rugurgitate any blood allready drunk & shrivel up & die. Clean & dress the wound, which will continue to bleed for a while.

Soundman.

might be a bit difficult to get a salt shaker up where the sun dont shine... :o

Edited by Payboy

Troll post or not, that was hilarious! :o

Not sure, but I would not underestimate it. I had this secret swimming spot in the jungle just outside Kuala Lumpur when I lived there. The kinda spot tropical dream movies are made of. No one knew it, or should i say, they probably knew and kept away.

When my parents arrived on holiday, took them there. After a while, felt this strange lump under my lip. Asked my mum what the hel_l it was as it was not there 20 mins ago...her answer was " Its moving . squeezed it like a pimple and a little red worm thingy decided he wanted to come out..... and we high tailed it out of there.

Not sure if the above is real or troll....... but that little red "what ever it was" remains etched in my memory (any one know what it is? ). If u have ever had a cyst on ur lip, thats what it feels like, except it moves.

Edited by skippybangkok

There are (were?) some incredibly disgusting videos on youtube of various insects being removed from people's skin, etc., including one absolutely astounding and horrible video of a country witch doctor removing a gigantic puss-infected cyst from a lady's back. Oh, how I long for youtube.

Troll post or not, that was hilarious! :o

Not sure, but I would not underestimate it. I had this secret swimming spot in the jungle just outside Kuala Lumpur when I lived there. The kinda spot tropical dream movies are made of. No one knew it, or should i say, they probably knew and kept away.

When my parents arrived on holiday, took them there. After a while, felt this strange lump under my lip. Asked my mum what the hel_l it was as it was not there 20 mins ago...her answer was " Its moving . squeezed it like a pimple and a little red worm thingy decided he wanted to come out..... and we high tailed it out of there.

Not sure if the above is real or troll....... but that little red "what ever it was" remains etched in my memory (any one know what it is? ). If u have ever had a cyst on ur lip, thats what it feels like, except it moves.

my advice is go to the market to buy a fish and swim in a swimming pool ,and always where underwear cos fish may think its a worm :D

My wife has just told me this has happend a few time's in issan to the local lad,s fishing and not uncommon for women as well ,, ohhh yuk no more fresh water swimming for me up at pattaya 2

Yes, I am also disappointed. I thougt this would be a bargirl story. A lit cigarette usually will get them to let go, but this is a bit of a sensitive spot and besides smoking isn't politically correct anymore. I would think they would have a way to get the critter to let go, such as they have for getting rid or tapeworms, but maybe not. I hope the OP will keep us up-to-date to the "end point".

Troll post or not, that was hilarious! :D

Eeeeuuuuwww! :o Did it heal all right after? Was there only one?

That reminds me - has anyone ever seen footage or photos of that worm they have in Africa? It burrows under the skin & if you try & pull it all out, it breaks, so what they have to do is day-by-day wind it round a stick until it's all out. So you spend weeks with this stick on your leg with half a metre of worm wrapped round it & the rest in your leg. :D

There are nasty little colonisers (excuse pun) on land too.

Look out for the wingless red wasps that lay their eggs under your skin.

One of those mothers caused me a few sleepless nights.

When they hatch, they eat their way around under the skin until they're ready to emerge.

A course of hookworm tablets will get rid of them, during which time you'll pee bright green.

When they hatch, they eat their way around under the skin until they're ready to emerge.

A course of hookworm tablets will get rid of them, during which time you'll pee bright green.

Do you have a photo? I've never heard of, or seen one before. Sounds nasty :o

Do you have a photo? I've never heard of, or seen one before. Sounds nasty :o

I don't have a photo but I can tell you these things live in symbiosis with the red ants and have evolved to look like them, at least in colour.

I've only seen one other case, a young Thai girl in CM.

She didn't go to a doctor and these crawlers left tracks all the way down one leg and caused her weeks of unbearable itching before they finally departed.

There are another way to get rid of a leech by spiting direct on it. The sliva is very effective, it causes the leech slips and fall off.

Thai villagers who live around big lakes like 'Borapet' or 'Sifi' have using this method for centuries.

There are another way to get rid of a leech by spiting direct on it. The sliva is very effective, it causes the leech slips and fall off.

Thai villagers who live around big lakes like 'Borapet' or 'Sifi' have using this method for centuries.

It will rid you of unwelcome farangs too, tinkelbell :o

Edited by qwertz

Apparently a leech in your anus has gained media attention previously in Thailand.. Here is an article from 'THE NATION' in October 2006 :

138,000 fall sick because of floods

The Public Health Ministry Sunday warned people to avoid walking through floodwater, which often host germs and leeches.

The warning came after more than 138,000 flood victims became ill and one of them was found with a leech in his anus.

"Please travel around by boats, if possible. If not, please dress carefully! Wear underpants and long pants. Also cover the lower part of your pants with plastic bags and tie tightly to ensure that no leech can climb in," the ministry's permanent secretary Dr Prat Boonyawongvirot said Sunday.

According to him, a man in Sing Buri was hospitalised after wading through chest-high floodwater. At the hospital, a doctor helped removing a leech from his anus.

"He's now safe. But we would like to warn children not to play in the floodwater," he said. He added that leeches could enter human bodies via nose, mouth, eyes, anus, vagina and urethra.

Aside from leeches, he said germs also dwelt in floodwater and could spread various diseases especially conjunctivitis, skin diseases and athlete's foot disease.

Prat said his ministry's mobile medical units had already treated 138,328 flood victims in flood-hit areas, which included Nonthaburi, Phisanulok, Sukhothai, Phichit, Nakhon Sawan, Angthong and Ayutthaya.

"We have also distributed medicines and garbage bags," he said. Currently, a large number of flood victims could not use toilets and need the garbage bags when nature called.

In Angthong, a hospital director called on people to donate eggs, rice, matches, drinking water, life vests and mosquito repellent cream to flood victims.

Angthong Hospital's director Dr Nirun Jantrakoon said interested donors could call 035615111 round-the-clock. "We have cooked boiled eggs and distributed them to flood victims through our mobile-medical units," he said.

In Chanthaburi, acting provincial public-health chief Dr Chumpol Suwan said the situation was worrying with more than 200,000 local people marooned in their houses amid furious torrents of floodwater.

"More than 4,450 people have fallen sick," he said.

The Nation

Edited by jetjock

Not so funny when you've got two feet of water in your house for a month and you have to swim to the road because one of the sprogs has nipped out and left the boat by the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

think I'll get a dry suit if it's as bad again this year.

Yes, I am also disappointed. I thougt this would be a bargirl story. A lit cigarette usually will get them to let go, but this is a bit of a sensitive spot and besides smoking isn't politically correct anymore. I would think they would have a way to get the critter to let go, such as they have for getting rid or tapeworms, but maybe not. I hope the OP will keep us up-to-date to the "end point".

I can't figure out for the life of me if your "them" and "they" references are for leeches or bargirls? :o

All I do know is that leeches are no big deal, if you can avoid them crawling up your orifices. I was once plastered with 12 of the little suckers (land leeches) up my back in a Laotian forest (one of the scars left itched for about 3 years after) and used to regularly meet the large "horse / kwai" leech variety in ponds when netting out fish. One hung on up my trouser leg for 45 mins before I noticed it under the shower. That sucker was about a foot long and bloated with my blood before I could persuade it to release its fangs with the help of a heated knife blade. Wound bled like a stuck pig for ages but no pain, just an itch later. Better than jock or arse itch I must say. :D

Taken from the Phuket Gazette

http://www.phuketgazette.net/queernews/ind...0&display=1

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Brownnose bloodsucker

Dr Chanon Chaodamrongsakul, Director of Bua Yai Hospital, repeated K. Nong’s warning that anyone swimming in freshwater ponds of lakes should wear tight-fitting undies. A leech entering a woman’s sexual organs could be particularly dangerous, he noted.

I saw several times a leech inside the sexual organ of a Thai woman, normally is about 110 Kgs, sweaty, English accent, a bit drunk .....it is not difficoult to get rid of it just ask some extra Baht will do ...... :o

It will rid you of unwelcome farangs too, tinkelbell :D

qwerz, that's very funny. Come to think of it, it wasn't a bad idea at all, how come I never thought of it before. :o

BTW, cute little picture you got.

It will rid you of unwelcome farangs too, tinkelbell :D

qwerz, that's very funny. Come to think of it, it wasn't a bad idea at all, how come I never thought of it before. :o

BTW, cute little picture you got.

Glad you like it.

The caption is a bit small, it's saying "helloooo ladies".

BTW, a couple of people I know have contracted nasty eye infections from swimming in rivers there.