Best Housing estates Darkside

neytil

2-3 Bedrooms in 30k price range, no private pool required and suitable for family.  

Also is it possible to visit any of these estate's offices or enquire at security gate re. available villas; or is working through a real estate agent preferred?

Any advice much appreciated 

Edited by neytil

30k isn't going to get you into the "best" developments, but you should be able to find something a bit older around that budget.

There's a lot of ground to cover, so driving around all of them is going to take ages, and in my experience, property management won't be aware of all of the houses available for rent as owners tend to list with the agencies. You also might run into issues gaining access to some developments.

Reach out to an agent and ask what they have available and coordinate with them on appointments for the places you're interested in as they have to speak to the owners first in most cases. If you want I can send you the details of a nice agent who assisted me. She'll arrange viewing times for the houses you're interested in and drive you to them.

As with all agents in Thailand, when it comes to questions about internet options they are pretty much useless. You'll really want to check with the provider(s) yourself to ensure they can offer the service you're looking for (e.g. fiber) at that house before signing a lease.

Edited by spongeworthy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Darkside is pretty large need to ask yourself how far out you want to be first from Sukhumvit for starts you want to be out near the Lake?  

True. Motorbike or car? I live off Hwy 36. Sounds far but can be in Villa in 10 minutes driving the motorway

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

True. Motorbike or car? I live off Hwy 36. Sounds far but can be in Villa in 10 minutes driving the motorway

What, and pay 10 baht! If you mean Villa supermarket I find that incredulous, getting down Klang or using Tai would take more than that. Why I go to Big-CX. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

What, and pay 10 baht! If you mean Villa supermarket I find that incredulous, getting down Klang or using Tai would take more than that. Why I go to Big-CX. 

Motorway to Sukhumvit. Sukhumvit to Villa at Little Walk. Dead easy. But there is the 10 baht bit I pay that concerns you

Edited by bang saen guy
  • Like 1

I don't know about getting to Villa but I live next to Lake Mabprachan and I can be at Big C South Pattaya in 15 minutes.  Hop on the Motorway by Miniera, no toll, and there's not even a traffic light till I get to Big C.   Index, Home Pro, Boonthavorn, Bangkok Hospital, etc. are all 15 minutes or so by car.

12 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Motorway to Sukhumvit. Sukhumvit to Villa at Little Walk. Dead easy. But there is the 10 baht bit I pay that concerns you

Sorry, I always forget that Villa on Sukhumvit, down The Little Walk....I too often use the motorway.... the drainage project turned The Railway Line Bypass into a scrambling bike track, work still going on, Sukhumvit is slow going at the Waterworks junction...and to be honest, some days it is hard to get a U-turn in on Hwy 36 North end. I use 36/1 and Yume to get to Big-CX.

21 hours ago, newnative said:

I don't know about getting to Villa but I live next to Lake Mabprachan and I can be at Big C South Pattaya in 15 minutes.  Hop on the Motorway by Miniera, no toll, and there's not even a traffic light till I get to Big C.   Index, Home Pro, Boonthavorn, Bangkok Hospital, etc. are all 15 minutes or so by car.

I use Big CX and do not encounter a single traffic light.... same going home both motorway or Railway Line Bypass..... mind you, sometimes the Waterworks junction can be a trial. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I use Big CX and do not encounter a single traffic light.... same going home both motorway or Railway Line Bypass..... mind you, sometimes the Waterworks junction can be a trial. 

Getting to Big CX we just have the traffic light turning right off the Motorway and then we go the back way in using the road that goes behind Boonthavorn and Home Pro--don't know the name.

22 hours ago, newnative said:

Getting to Big CX we just have the traffic light turning right off the Motorway and then we go the back way in using the road that goes behind Boonthavorn and Home Pro--don't know the name.

Soi Yume?

I actually erred there, I have a light when I head North on Suk at Siam CC Road heading into town... it is just  rarely red, and sometimes, even if it  is, I have gone through it as no traffic! Awful yesterday, Sukhumvit very busy and aggressive and I foolishly went down the Railway Line Rd homeward... it was tailed back a long way from The Waterworks Rd and the battles at that junction, so I turned down a slip Rd onto Waterworks and on to the junction with Sukhumvit, it was busy there too. 

• Like 1

Soi Yume?

I actually erred there, I have a light when I head North on Suk at Siam CC Road heading into town... it is just  rarely red, and sometimes, even if it  is, I have gone through it as no traffic! Awful yesterday, Sukhumvit very busy and aggressive and I foolishly went down the Railway Line Rd homeward... it was tailed back a long way from The Waterworks Rd and the battles at that junction, so I turned down a slip Rd onto Waterworks and on to the junction with Sukhumvit, it was busy there too. 

We drove into town yesterday, too, in the early afternoon and the Motorway was backed up a long ways to turn right onto Sukhumvit.  Luckily we were turning left to do some shopping at Index and Home Pro.   Traffic is getting busier and busier but especially on weekends.

4 minutes ago, newnative said:

We drove into town yesterday, too, in the early afternoon and the Motorway was backed up a long ways to turn right onto Sukhumvit.  Luckily we were turning left to do some shopping at Index and Home Pro.   Traffic is getting busier and busier but especially on weekends.

I have taken to going into town pretty early, about 9am and it is usually fine then ... (except for the build up a train caused), not so easy at midday for the homeward journey. I will be on the motorway more often from now on. 

• Like 1

I have taken to going into town pretty early, about 9am and it is usually fine then ... (except for the build up a train caused), not so easy at midday for the homeward journey. I will be on the motorway more often from now on. 

We've come to the same conclusion--go in early before the hordes start arriving.