Anybody Using Tot Broadband?

StrongView

Hey,

I am about to switch from CSLoxinfo (not that great) to TOT Broadband (1 Mbps for 1,000 baht / month). Since I have a TOT line...it's easier for me to use TOT then to switch to True.

Anyway, does anyone currently use it? What do you like? What do you dislike?

Thanks! -Matty S

I just signed up for the same plan about a week ago. It's supposed to be activated at the end of this month. I would also be interested to hear other people's experience with the service. I am also in the market for a good ADSL router. Any info about what brand to buy where would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Csloxinfo is the ISP providing IPSTAR/ IPTV. Dial up from loxinfo is not bad but still depends on quality of phonelines( terrible!)

IPTV (oneway sat, uplink is modem, downlink is ubc sized satellite dish) works very good once you have it configured correctly.

IPSTAR (two-way satellite, 1.2 meter solid dish) works good for downloads, but websites seem to come through slowly mainly because of big satellite lag(huge distance roundtrip)

Both systems can perform as advertised when they are set up correctly but they are expensive as you pay per downloaded Mb at around 2 Baht/Mb.

Surfing is cheap, downloading terrible expensive, e.g. one MP3 comes at around 8 Baht, 1 divx(600Mb)movie at around 1500 Baht!!! :o

Speeds are OK and very consistent, a 60 Mb download took me exactly 29 minutes yesterday (over iptv).

Monty

• 4 weeks later...
I just signed up for the same plan about a week ago. It's supposed to be activated at the end of this month. I would also be interested to hear other people's experience with the service. I am also in the market for a good ADSL router. Any info about what brand to buy where would be much appreciated. Thanks.

hi,

Tot activated it on time?

And is there anybody using WIFI adsl modem/router with TOT ADSL?

Just because I'd like to know right away which one I should buy.

Thank you.

McAfee Speed Check

File Size: 150.005 KB

Time Elapsed: 2.906 seconds

412.96 Kbps

(51.62 KBps)

TOT 512/256 ADSL in Chaing Mai 700 Baht/mth, no installation fee.

Billion BIPAC-7000 modem, runs very cool, cost 2000 Baht.

P4 2.8c 1 gig of Ram Windows XP SP2 RC2

Been hooked up for the last 15 days now, very little down time,

maybe 3 hours total out of the 15 days, 50k+ downloads.

Pure Bliss compared to dial-up.

I am thinking of upgrading to 1 Meg but the only reason would be for streaming video which I really don't have time to watch. 512 is plenty fast after using snail-paced dial-up for over a year.

Hi everyone, maybe you can answer some questions. I live off of Chaeng Wattana Rd in Nonthaburi. I went to the TOT office in Laksi & they said ADSL is not activated at Chaeng Wattana Rd yet. I like TOT's 500/month price. But I would like to know, do I have to keep my inet.co.th account in order to connect with ADSL? That dialup account is now costing me B 700 and up per month by the hour, so will that cost continue? I think a big advantage of ADSL is that my phone line won't be busy. Do you think it's worth waiting for TOT or should I check out True availablity. I heard an ad on the radio saying Csloxinfo has ADSL available to everyone everywhere in the country. Is that possible? Thanks!

I also live off chaeng wattana road opposite the software park building

and checking this page http://www.tot.co.th/ADSL/index.php with my phone number it tells me ADSL is available for my phone.

this page has prices http://www.tot.co.th/en/news/totnews_detail.php?news_id=211

check your number, and download the PDF application form, print it out.

I think there is also a TOT office in the carpark section ( underneath at the back) of the tesco lotus centre on chaeng wattana road.

Hi all,

I connected TOT before but now i said good bye. It so bad!!! Now i signed up ADSL from True corp. If u r using TOT line u have to pay 1000 baht at first time and 690 baht per month. But if u r using Telecom line (True) u not have to pay that 1000 b. and service charge is 590 per month. The time that i apply for that service they were having promotion. If u apply for ADSL and apply for Telephone line from Telecom together they wouldn't charge u 3000 for installation. So i applied both of them. Just pay only 19500 baht for modem and get ADSL and free new telephone number from telecom. True ADSL is slow many times but i think it better than using TOT. i can't remember the website. I think it's easy to search from google or somewhere else.

Take Care,

Chat

• 6 months later...

I got TOT ADSL and it was easy. I applied on Friday, got a call on Monday that my line was connected. I went down to the TOT building on Chaengwattana, bought a modem from TOT, remembered from this forum to ask for my username and password, went home & got it working! One glitch, it wasn’t working until I unplugged a telephone in another part of the house. So now we have only one telephone, the one plugged into the splitter. I have heard that too many telephones interferes with ADSL. One question, does TOT have mail servers? Or should I use yahoo? I recommend TOT because you don’t have to have a True telephone number. They said a lot of people are signing up at TOT! It's now available in the Pakkret area. And I was on a waiting list for True! True said a number would be available only if someone cancelled or moved. I'm happy my wait is over & I got TOT!!!

well, here is my tot adsl story....

i live in pathum thani, and signed up for the service in january. they told me it would take a few weeks to get the cable ready and would call me when it was ready. They had the cable ready by february 3, but never called me.

so, i went to the tot office and got the modem, password, etc. went home and plugged it in, no problem. 60Kb downloads, and 30KB upload. it was all good from 3 pm until about 1 am, when it disconnected for the first time, and then disconnected about once an hour, until 9 am when it disconnected for the final time. i haven't been able to connect again since feb 20. the technicians came around and checked the cable three or four times, i call every other day to the 1100 number and the guy at the tot office, still nothing. tomorrow they are supposed to send another technician to the house. we'll see what happens then.

if nothing happens tomorrow, i think i will check on Lox/info.

Re wifi. I am not using TOT (using TT&T and JiNet) but I have a D-link modem and a D-link wireless router. I cable my two PCs directly into the router and use the wireless with my laptop. All works great with no problems. Have enabled WEP for wireless security.