Student claims she was plied with drink and raped at hotel by senior policeman - committee set up

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Police rape....video taken

Daily News reported on the case of a woman - named only as B - who went to the Klong 5 police in Pathum Thani with a founder member of the social action group Sai Mai Tong Rort.

B claims that she was plied with drink by a policeman she met while eating with friends.

The cop, a senior investigator with the Klong 5 police, invited himself to their table.

They then went on for drinks at a second place. As they were heading to a third place a friend of B's got out of the vehicle to secure a table but the cop drove B to a hotel.

There she claimed he raped her.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

Her boyfriend managed to find out where she was with a GPS tracker but the hotel wouldn't let him in.

The cop took B to another hotel. She explained that she was obliged to go with him because he had filmed them having sex and was going to blackmail her.

The cop later took B back to a friend's house.

Klong 5 station chief Pol Col Piyawat confirmed that the policeman is a senior investigator attached to the station.

He denies what B is saying.

Piyawat said he had started a committee of inquiry and promised justice in the case to all sides.

The policeman concerned will face questions today (Monday).

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-03-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Whenever I hear a committee needing to be formed it ends up as a sham to cover up. No committee is required to investigate a rape allegation. Let’s hope the bf finds alternative ways to bring about justice as is common place here. 

Maybe they could give Senator Jim Jordan a call ... He'll surely get to the bottom of what happened hahahahaha ???????????????? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Well, the hotel wouldn’t let her boyfriend in so obviously they knew what was going on now I wonder what’s gonna really happened to the police officer TAT

Do you think hotels should be in the habit of letting people into other people's rooms? 

If the cop raped her, I hope he is executed.  

On 3/27/2023 at 9:46 AM, webfact said:

They then went on for drinks at a second place. As they were heading to a third place a friend of B's got out of the vehicle to secure a table but the cop drove B to a hotel.

That's kidnap.

On 3/27/2023 at 9:46 AM, webfact said:

Her boyfriend managed to find out where she was with a GPS tracker but the hotel wouldn't let him in.

Don't want to upset a cop while raping someone.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:41 PM, TheFishman1 said:

Well, the hotel wouldn’t let her boyfriend in so obviously they knew what was going on now I wonder what’s gonna really happened to the police officer TAT

Anywhere else in the world, if a young girl is claiming rape by anyone. If she has an agent with her from some group like the one who accompanied her, and if there is video of the policeman in the hotel with the young girl, the police would arrest the dirty old man regardless of whether he was a policeman or not. The man would have his chance to explain why he was in a hotel room alone with a young student and why she is making these claims in a courtroom. Here in Thailand, seems a cop can do what he wants, without fear of apprehension by peers unless it has already hit the news and they have set up panels to investigate or make it disappear. This story will be forgotten in a week most likely. The panel will be well paid and find nothing happened. But one has to ask themself. Why a young student, would go to a strange police station. finger a man she has never seen before with a rape accusation. Claim he videotaped it to extort her for more sex. Know the cops name. Have video with them both together at hotel. What possibly could this students purpose be for making these accusations? 

I do not know about the many of you reading, but i have yet to read about any Thai that is this intelligent and can plan things with so many details for a lie. They simply do not foresee their planning when doing things. So I will have to take this into account when thinking whether or not the accusation is real or fake.