Cameras above road on Beach Rd between North Pattaya Rd and Klang, speed cameras?

bbi1

Curious to know, what are those bunch of cameras positioned above Beach Rd between North Pattaya Rd and Klang. Are they speed cameras by any chance and if so, do they actually work? If that's the case, what's the speed limit for Beach Rd? I've never really paid attention lol

Edited by bbi1

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Or white-line cameras, or just traffic monitoring.

Can't remember if they are exactly like the one on this thread, but I think they may be similar but I'm not sure: 

• Like 1

Hi all, I live in outer Bangkok and I have a condo in Naklua. When I leave my home to go to Pattaya I enter the motorway at Lad Krabang close to the airport. I pass many sets of speed cameras going to Pattaya and return. Maybe 20% work and even the ones that work most are no where near the true speed. once I was clocked at 170 kmh when doing 110,  Eight years on I've never received a speeding notice. 

The speed ticket cameras that I have seen have a camera and a radar device, not just a plain camera.  

When I travel from Ratchaburi to Chiang Mai I have seen lots of new cameras set up that look like speed ticket cameras but they seem to work more like instead of placing someone by the road with a radar device and radioing back to the checkpoint these send the plate numbers back to the checkpoint.

So hard to know if they are ones that will mail tickets to you or just for checkpoints.

Edited by rwill

Hey,

I just received today a traffic camera ticket for running a red light.

B500.

And yes, there's a place on the form for "speed limit enforcement".

Surprised to see there was a pretty clear picture of the car running through a red light and another clear picture of the license plate on the back.

My wife says they can also give you a ticket for going over the white line into the motorcycle zone if you have a car.

There's an actual police Sargent name on the form as "officer issuing traffic ticket" so presumably they have an actual person checking the tape.

When I asked my wife if there's any penalty other than the fine (which you can pay at any banks ATM, btw) she said "no".

I said well then rich people probably just run red lights all the time and pay the fines.

You didn't hear that from me if anyone asks.

• Thanks 1

A report on 103FM this morning stated that from next Monday those who have unpaid fines will not be able to renew road tax or licences. Also, if stopped at a checkpoint and unpaid fines show up on the cop's database a further fine is payable. I think 2,000 Baht was the figure quoted.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, champers said:

A report on 103FM this morning stated that from next Monday those who have unpaid fines will not be able to renew road tax or licences. Also, if stopped at a checkpoint and unpaid fines show up on the cop's database a further fine is payable. I think 2,000 Baht was the figure quoted.

Edit. I see there is a topic running on this in Thailand News.

17 hours ago, champers said:

Are you sure licences are also included? I thought I heard just tax for the vehicle. 

On 3/27/2023 at 5:10 PM, NONG CHOK said:

Hi all, I live in outer Bangkok and I have a condo in Naklua. When I leave my home to go to Pattaya I enter the motorway at Lad Krabang close to the airport. I pass many sets of speed cameras going to Pattaya and return. Maybe 20% work and even the ones that work most are no where near the true speed. once I was clocked at 170 kmh when doing 110,  Eight years on I've never received a speeding notice. 

If you have never received a speeding ticket how do you assume the camera's/fines are not accurate ?

I get done daily by speed camera's on the 7 between the airport and Pattaya.

I set the cruise control to 140km/h and this is the speed on the tickets.

16 hours ago, champers said:

I tbought I heard licences mentioned.

Be bloody irritating after making appointment etc..... never know what the wife might have done while driving to the village and back!