Foreigners getting more yellow and red cards for misdemeanours in Phuket

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Just wait till the war kicks off between China and America.  All Western foreigners here will get a red card.

Your probably joking but...The way things have been going folks might wonder what would be the reality of a WWIII

Where they are located & if not a allied country of their home country would they be allowed to stay depending on what their nationality is

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Since the start of 2023, 181 foreigners have been charged with criminal offences, mostly in Patong.

Let's put that a bit in perspective: Since the start of 2023, how many police have been charged with criminal offences?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Let's put that a bit in perspective: Since the start of 2023, how many police have been charged with criminal offences?

Let's put that a bit in perspective: Since the start of 2023, how many police have been charged found guilty and been given an appropriately severe punishment, not an inactive post?

On 3/28/2023 at 7:24 PM, ukrules said:

This is not the law, they're making it up as they go.

Slippery slope. Never mind red card this is a huge red flag.

Special laws for special people, I've heard about this kind of thing before.

Yes, but we all know Phuket IS special.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:24 PM, ukrules said:

This is not the law, they're making it up as they go.

Slippery slope. Never mind red card this is a huge red flag.

Special laws for special people, I've heard about this kind of thing before.

Indeed. 

Not that it matters, nor will it have any discernible effect, but I will never visit Phuket again while this rule is in action. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 5:12 AM, mania said:

Your probably joking but...The way things have been going folks might wonder what would be the reality of a WWIII

Where they are located & if not a allied country of their home country would they be allowed to stay depending on what their nationality is

Not joking at all.  Check my post history.  At best our visas will all be cancelled...at worst rounded up into camps.  Anyone who thinks the Thai government will not side with China once the conflict starts is delusional.

• Haha 1