Honda wave prices

I'm comparing value for money between a Honda Wave 110i and a 125i

I'm located far from a dealer but want to do my homework on-line first 

My closest dealer quoted me 52kB for a new wave 110i !!   But....on thr Honda website...prices "start from 37kB". I don't have a quote yet for a 125i.

I know to add about 3k for docs but it still doesn't explain the huge price difference 

Has anyone here bought a new Wave this past year or so?

Looks like there are three versions, from most  to least expensive I believe:

front disc brake/mag wheels

front disk brake/spoke wheels

front drum brake/spoke wheels

There should not be a large difference in price. 

https://www.thaihonda.co.th/honda/laravel-filemanager/files/shares/TH_Wave110i_Catalogue.pdf

EDIT:  Also some have electric start and some do not. 

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

not much to know or compare

wave 110i starts @ 37,100

wave 125i starts @ 54,800

Extras as always UP2U

Mags

Electric start

Ours was 48k+ (125i/mags/elec start) but also 10+years ago

If you don't need top end speed, or long distance.  Want to avoid constant maintenance and buying petrol, you may want to consider Electric.

DECO has assorted line up of bikes:

https://decogreenenergy.com/index.php/th/

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i paid 1800 for registration on top of listed price for a Click, this from Bowin, Asia City Motors, depends where you live, dealers like Mityon charge a few thousand more and try to force you to buy rubbish theft insurance, so that will account for about 5k over list price. Try different dealers, look on Facebook and message them there, easy to agree on messenger \ Line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For your comparison I bought a Honda scopey in 2010 due to production issues with the great flood it was only the Liverpool version available for cash and that cost 52,000bt so 52k 13 years later sounds amazing ????  

12 hours ago, David in the north said:

I recently bought a Wave 125.
"Top of the range" Electric start. 62,000 baht
A 110 was 52,000 baht with electric start.
Both the above were with disc brake on the front

I paid 60,000 baht late last summer for a New 125 Wave electric start, mag wheels, so 62,000 baht now  would be right.

The high price difference between the 110 and 125 Wave, it has always been about 10,000 baht,  as I was told the 125 is in a different tax bracket, hence higher price. 

I paid 48K out the door for the 'top model' Wave 110i earlier this year.

'Top model' was the salesman's phrase not mine.

'Top model' is a phrase I find hard to relate to a Wave 110i.  It is, essentially, the same old Wave they have been selling for the last decade.  But it is the best selling bike in Thailand for good reason.  The LED headlight is an excellent addition and possibly the best motorcycle headlight I have ever used.  I need to do a comparison with the twin 60w halogens on my thirty plus year old NC30 to be sure.

When I compared the Wave 110i to the 125 there was negligible difference in performance and the 125 was more money and heavier.

There are a few dealers near the big industrial park like Nawa Nakhon north of Bangkok that don't mind cash price and they do the starter wave 110 at 37grand out the door, most are not like this and will put up the price and penalize the cash buyer compared to ripoff finance deal they'll be offering

if the cost of transport from these dealers to your location is cheaper than what your local Honda dealer is charging, it's a good deal, mind you come servicing time the local could be giving you the cold shoulders as you didn't buy from them (they're not supposed to, but if they say the appointment book is full what're you gonna do) but waves rarely go wrong or need warranty claim so go for it spacer.png

the above table shows the price goes up with front disc, electric starter and ultimately mag wheels 

some dealer might not stock the cheapest model with front drum brakes  (first column is cash out the door price)