Video: Forest fire rages on mountains in central Thailand - helicopters to assist today

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath had video from the "This is Nakhon Nayok" site that showed an out of control fire that had been raging for 24 hours last night.

The fire started on Wednesday in the area of Khao Chaphlu and Khao Laem in Khao Phra and Phromanee sub-districts of the central Thailand province.

Ten fire engines were on the scene as provincial governor Bancha Chewarin, and officials from several agencies assessed the situation.

Firemen walked on foot to try and organize a fire break amid fears that the blaze could spread to dwellings.

The video from several angles was filmed from the military school in the area.

Still out of control at 9.21 pm last night the media reported that a request had been made for water to be dumped from helicopters today.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-03-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Some strong winds occasionally the last few days that doesn't help firefighters.

Farmers burning fields don't help when it's so dry and windy. 

They do good job in old city suk in the forest and jungle area's surrounding the city. 

When a fire does break out its contained quickly and kept under control and stopped from spreading.

• Like 1

Why doesn't this surprise me. My friends in the Nan area are always telling me how folks start fires and then don't monitor them. The fires burn uncontrolled and sweep over on my friend's property at times. Seeing and reporting those that do set the fires when there's a burn ban does no good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sickening. 

A pharmacist told me that Thais are complaining a lot on social media.  This does nothing.

Protests have to be elevated dramatically to stop this insanity. 

As for the politicians, lets hope some of them get a form of cancer for doing nothing

for years. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Ten fire engines

Underwhelming response to a mountain completely engulfed in flames. 

Rains will inevitably bring mudslides and debris flows. 

Thailand loves to burn anything and everything.   

Odd. 

It has spread to 4th mountain now.  (I live at the foot of nearby Khao Yai national park).

Very unlikely to have been intentionally started as began on really steeep mountain area with no road access or cultivation by locals.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:03 AM, koolkarl said:

Sickening. 

A pharmacist told me that Thais are complaining a lot on social media.  This does nothing.

Protests have to be elevated dramatically to stop this insanity. 

As for the politicians, lets hope some of them get a form of cancer for doing nothing

for years. 

Generated societal practice would surely have a place. 

On 3/31/2023 at 7:30 AM, Sheryl said:

It has spread to 4th mountain now.  (I live at the foot of nearby Khao Yai national park).

Very unlikely to have been intentionally started as began on really steeep mountain area with no road access or cultivation by locals.

Maybe not intentionally but irresponsible started, someone out hunting throwing a  cigarette away or trying to smoke out bee's, the back of our house went up a couple of weeks ago, someone after honey in the bamboo beside our house.

27 minutes ago, MyThai1 said:

Maybe not intentionally but irresponsible started, someone out hunting throwing a  cigarette away or trying to smoke out bee's, the back of our house went up a couple of weeks ago, someone after honey in the bamboo beside our house.

It started high up a steep mountain. Not impossible for someone to have been there but unlikely.

There was a lot of dry lightening in the mountains the night the fire began. Lightning strike is plausible.