Home Air Filtration Systems- Anyone have one?

jeffandgop

SCG advertises a home air filtration system under the product series name of "Active Air Quality".
Dust Free Houses is another company marketing home air filtration systems.

Both claim that their systems filter the air of harmful dust levels before entering the interior and use positive pressure to keep "bad air" out.

Both use various filters, including HEPA, to keep the interior environment clean.

Does anyone use home air filtration systems; and/or have specific experience with either the SCG or Dust Free Houses products and can relate their performance and quality?

Thank you.

• Like 2

I've considered similar in the past but haven't yet acted, this year I might. One solution would be to take a large Xiaomi air purifier (about 12k baht) and mount it outside somewhere weather proof and duct in the air outlet, into the house, to create positive pressure inside the house. The casing, the fan and the filter are all perfect for continual running at a low speed, that is after all what the SCG whole house product will be. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm researching similar system too, 

There are big and small Xiaomi 'positive pressure' air purifier that looks just like their air purifier plumbed into a wall.  Several sizes available, they monitor CO2 as well which their regular air purifier don't, these boxes goes for around 13,000 baht for the medium size, plus require installation by competent aircon installer as it requires big hole to the outside

Due to the popularity of the Xiaomi air purifier, I hope that it'd share the filter, but these 'positive pressure' system don't use the same filters and while they're easily ordered from China enough, I'm not sure if 3-5 years down the line it'll be available , unlike the free standing air purifier, removing these machine means big gaping hole in the wall

Also these setups do let in a bit of heat if you're running aircon, more expensive system that don't lose heat/cold would involve complex heat exchange 

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After much research I ended up choosing two of the Dust Free Fresh O MK-series and couldn’t be more pleased with its performance. Much better than I anticipated these 2 units move completely filtered air through more than 175sm of space rendering levels of pm 2.5 to be 4 or less. Most mornings my pm 2.5 monitors register 0 where before they would measure 35 or so in the morning and the floor air purifiers would reduce that to 15 or so. Extremely quiet and the installation was carefully planned and executed taking 4 hours total. C033163C-EE78-4AAC-82BD-509222C92C2E.thumb.jpeg.79bb27a291c4ea08e6238c420c6f7e63.jpegB9EDD08E-1F93-47FC-AF1B-79E9C16B64B9.thumb.jpeg.022481f789cd3722f84c1e8769f5144d.jpeg8F83661A-C8A3-487F-8B89-FB398DF8B3ED.thumb.png.3bc05a6c85893d2ce46cdc0cf202fabb.png

Edited by jeffandgop
  • Love It 1

• 6 months later...

Anyone looking for HEPA filters, I just picked these up.  10 sheets for ฿127 w/delivery.

Sold as a wrap around Xiaomi & Philips purifier filters.   Can use for AC units, as another use. 

image.png.966e9d2b520d178cb9876baa46d4c01a.png

Our AC units have purifiers already, and I actually bought for the cars interior intake for air circulation.  As car's filter was clogged up w/dog hair & replaced @ 20k kms check up.  So won't need to do that again.

Could contain: