Don Mueang domestic flight-How early to arrive?

stubuzz

My family has a flight on the 8th April at 10:20 from Don Mueang to Chiang Mai. They have checked in online and have hand luggage only. However, as i have not been through this airport for a very long time, any advice on how early they should arrive?

the line for security at DMK domestic terminal is very quick.  i fly to buriram monthly and it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to get through security.  they could arrive an hour before and have no problems.  i once arrived 35 minutes before flight time and had no problem making it and i checked a bag, the check in lady said 'boarding starts in 5 minutes, sir'.  it was 11:55am and flight was 12:30pm.  the flight had been 2pm for several months so i planned to arrive early and have lunch there but instead headed straight to the gate !!

With no checked bags, as long as you've checked in and have a boarding pass on your phone or a hard copy, walk straight to security (skipping the check in desk). From there, go to your gate.

Boarding usually starts about 30 minutes before departure, so I aim to walk into the airport 1 hour before departure. The biggest variable is whether there is traffic along the way to the airport. 

• Like 1