Highspeed Internet coverage a bit east from Lake Maprachan (Pong)

moogradod

My wife has just bought a new house in an area called "Pong", east from Lake Maprachan. You will pass nearby if you follow the small lake which you encounter when following the street on which the restaurant "Sicily" is found.

We forgot to ask the builder about possibilities of internet connections. May anybody give us a good advice ? Currently I have 500 up/500 down at a very reasonable price from TOT near Na Jomtien (Fiber).

The question of questions is: Which provider does cover this area at all (fibre connection preferred) ?

Help is greatly appreciated. Although the area is not that crowded there must be hundreds of Internet customers and there are as well some gated communities nearby.

Edited by moogradod

this is something i dont understand.. i dont mean you. but ToT is a telephone or communication company. like AIS or True and other phone companies.. they are not internet companies. you guys need to understand that these are phone companies... now 3bb on the other hand is internet based and focused company. so i suggest you to go and get 3bb TODAY!

im using 3bb for 17 years... i really think its the best internet in thailand. im paying 900 (something like that) for 1GB internet which is double time of your speed... its service is great... all fixing is free if you have any problems..  

i have people (and really a lot!) in my village where im living keep complaining about True or AIS internet... i have NON!!! since 17 years... 

PS: now you mentioned that you forgot to ask the builder to make an internet connection for the house. probably you are talking about LAN connection to all houses with a connection like phone line.. well if you already forgot to mention that.. its too late unless if you dont want to re-build some walls again to your new house... 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, problemfarang said:

this is something i dont understand.. i dont mean you. but ToT is a telephone or communication company. like AIS or True and other phone companies.. they are not internet companies. you guys need to understand that these are phone companies... now 3bb on the other hand is internet based and focused company. so i suggest you to go and get 3bb TODAY!

3BB has been acquired by AIS has it not?

Watching this thread. I lived off Noen Plub Wan for a few years, before and during the Big Dig at Klang and Suk. I was about half a klick beyond the railway bypass road, around Lucky Time Bar. Internet service was variable, to be kind, all along that road. 

I'm considering moving back and will be very keen on getting any tips on internet providers.

3BB has been acquired by AIS has it not?

Yes indeed, last year. 

AIS to acquire stakes in two internet service providers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, problemfarang said:

im paying 900 (something like that) for 1GB internet

I am in the middle of the jungle 35 km south of Phitsanulok.

I get a 3BB 1Gb/500Mb optic fibre, through the trees, directly to the included router and pay Bht 749 per month.

Edited by KannikaP
I put GB instead of Gb.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I am in the middle of the jungle 35 km south of Phitsanulok.

I get a 3BB 1Gb/500Mb optic fibre, through the trees, directly to the included router and pay Bht 749 per month.

Thank you for your post which gives me hope ???? If you get a direct fibre to your hut in your tarzanesque setting, then I might have a chance to have the same where we will live soon. And 1Gb/500Mb is more than enough. And the price is somewhat reasonable, too.

Whether AIS and 3BB have merged is of no importance to me. We will contact AIS and ask how to proceed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Today my wife has asked at AIS Central. Good news. The area of "Pong" - at the upper right corner of Lake Maprachan is developed with Fiber. They will install it for free directly to our house. 1000gbps/500gbps is then about THB 590.-- per month.

• Thanks 1