on 60d tourist visa, long stay, reporting staying on friends farm?

hello, plan is to obtain 60d tourist visa for which I need something from the Service Apartment I will stay at? to do it via Los Angelas Online portal?

So, say, I then do an 30d extension,  for which I can do if it is 45 days from the end of the 60d visa , days stamped in ?

My friend might invite me to stay on their farm in Isarn for a few weeks, I likely will keep the paid Room , just empty. Am I really supposed to check in with 24 hour with the Local police and fill in a form, and then do another one when I get back to BKK ?

I wouldn't want an issues with my 30 d application for extension , which appears to now be available online?  But one must  still trek out to CW to obtain a "sticker" ?

thank you

Just have your first accommodation file a TM30.

Ask them to provide you with screenshot. 

Visit and stay on friends farm.

Do nothing regards TM30.

Return to Bangkok and when suitable apply for your 30 day extension. 

For the extension that can be obtained up till day of expiry of permit but best to do it prior to that. 

Couple of weeks in common. 

Not much point doing extension online. You can make appointment at CW. 

Here is link for appointment.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

How long do you intend to stay in Thailand?

#1 - If you plan to stay less than 60 days, you can either

a) Apply at the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home-country for a 60-day Tourist Visa

OR

b) Enter Thailand VisaExempt (without a Visa) which will provide you with a 30-day Permission to stay as stamped in your Passport by Thai border-immigration on entry. And in the course of the last 2 weeks of that Permission to stay then visit ANY Immigration Office and apply for a 30-day extension of stay, which will be added to the expiry day of your Permit.

#2 - If you plan to stay between 60 and 90 days, your best option would be to apply at the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home-country for a 60-day Tourist Visa, and then in the course of the last 2 weeks before expiry of that Visa's Permission to stay then visit ANY Immigration Office and apply for a 30-day extension of stay, which will be added to the expiry day of your Permit.

#3 - If you plan to stay longer than 90 days, do let me know as there are other options then.

In a separate post I will respond to your questions what needs to be done to be 'legal' during your stay in Thailand, but since you would be visting Thailand as a Tourist there is nothing to worry about.

You would be visiting Thailand as a Tourist, and according to Thai law it is the owner of the place where you are staying (Hotel, guesthouse, friend's place) that needs to inform the local Immigration Office of the province where you are staying, that a 'foreigner' is staying at their premises. 

So that means, that it is actually not your concern as you are a Tourist and can stay anywhere you like in Thailand.

However, if you need to apply for a 30-day extension (which can be done at ANY Thai Immigration Office) to extend your visit, the local Immigration Office will require that you present them with a copy of the TM-30 filed by the owner of the place where you are staying in their Province.

So that basically means that your friend at who's farm you will be staying, has to register his place so that he is able to issue such a TM-30 when you are staying there. 

If he does not know how to do that or does not want to do that, an alternative solution is that you simply book a room in a cheap local Hotel/guesthouse for the night preceding the day that you plan to go to the Local Imm Office to apply for the 30-day extension.  You don't even have to stay the night there, as you just need a copy of the TM-30 that they have to make stating that a foreigner is staying at their premises (so you could even bring down the one-night room-rent when you don't stay there, as the only thing you need is that TM-30 copy). 

17 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

How long do you intend to stay in Thailand?

The OP was quite clear.

His plan is a stay of up to 90 days.

His plan of tourist visa + 30 day extension is best option.

He plans to be back in Bangkok where he is spending the majority of his stay and obtain a 30 day extension.

He can use the TM30 that was done on his arrival. 

He cannot do the extension at any immigration office unless he does a TM30 in that province.

Edited by DrJack54

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP was quite clear.

His plan is a stay of up to 90 days.

His plan of tourist visa + 30 day extension is best option.

He plans to be back in Bangkok where he is spending the majority of his stay and obtain a 30 day extension.

He can use the TM30 that was done on his arrival. 

He cannot do the extension at any immigration office unless he does a TM30 in that province.

Just a question of interest > Will Immigration accept the TM-30 copy that he got early during his Thailand stay, when he applies for the 30-day extension a couple of weeks later? 

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Just a question of interest > Will Immigration accept the TM-30 copy that he got early during his Thailand stay, when he applies for the 30-day extension a couple of weeks later? 

He won't need to do a TM30 when he stays on friends farm.

It's not 100% clear but seems he will maintain his rental accommodation in Bangkok.

When he attends CW for his extension he would take along screenshot of his TM30 that was done when he checked into  his Bangkok rental. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He won't need to do a TM30 when he stays on friends farm.

It's not 100% clear but seems he will maintain his rental accommodation in Bangkok.

When he attends CW for his extension he would take along screenshot of his TM30 that was done when he checked into  his Bangkok rental. 

When he stays at his friends farm, it is the FRIEND that is supposed to inform local Immigration that a foreigner is staying at their premises. 

And by doing so the friend would be able to provide him with a copy of the TM-30, which he needs if he wants to do his 30-day extension at the local Imm Office.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

And by doing so the friend would be able to provide him with a copy of the TM-30, which he needs if he wants to do his 30-day extension at the local Imm Office.

Indeed that's his course of action if he plans to obtain his extension in friends province. 

He seems to suggest he will be doing extension in Bangkok.

If the later is the case best option is not have his friend do a TM30. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

yes as DrJack has said, I just am not sure how many days/weeks I might stay on the farm, there might be a chance to spend a month, in which case, I might leave and put stuff in storage, in my bangkok location, maybe towards the end of the 80 days

appreciate your comments, I'm a bit surprised I need to include a invitation letter from my service apartment with my online only TR 60 visa , don't recall that being required in the past, and it is holding up my application, getting it from the service apartment.

Hopefully the turn around time is only a few weeks, otherwise I'm not sure how to make up the 80 days if entering on the 30 day waiver, and 1 allowed 30 day extension, other than I guess going to Vietienne and applying for a 60 day?

I plan on travelling May 30th

Haven't been back since pre covid 2019 , In the past I had O-A retirement visas

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Since you will be staying longer than the Permit to stay from the 60-day Tourist Visa by applying for a 30-day extension, you will also need an onward flight to an international destination on a date prior to the expiry date of the 60-day Permit to stay stamp you will receive from Thai border immigration on entry. 

Your airline will most probably want you to show it when boarding from your departure and also Thai border-immigration might ask you for it

He won't be asked to show an onward flight by airline at departure as he will have a visa.

Nor will immigration on arrival ask to see onward flight. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He won't be asked to show an onward flight by airline at departure as he will have a visa.

Nor will immigration on arrival ask to see onward flight. 

Oops... stupid mistake, must have been sleeping while responding - sorry for any confusion created!

• Thumbs Up 1

my apartment is saying, things have tightened up on the need for a 'accomodation letter' , she mentioned the recent Chinese incident , and I guess others . And requires deposit and payment in full for the stay for a letter. So, kind of nicks any ability to move around, wonder how other tourist handle this if they are doing  various locations on holiday, since presumably they'd just have the 1st few days arranged, maybe at some hostel?

They also want bank transfer, rather than my previous visits when I paid with credit card, which I think provides some backup for fraud, etc .

Do I need a copy of the TM-30 when doing the 30d extension @CW , don't think I had one with my in the past, maybe that is another new twist, from pre-covid?