Does Laos E-Visa take up a passport page?

I've stupidly allowed myself to get down to my last 2 pages in my passport and need to go somewhere for a single entry TR so I can book an appointment in Bangkok for a new one as soon as I get back.

Does anyone know if the Laos e-visa is placed as a sticker in your passport? Or is it just the letter?

To go and return takes up half a page regarding Laos and Thai stamps, which you may find in your pp in bits and pieces to point out to the officer....No full page sticker...

But, the Laos eVisa can only be used at a few borders, and you must use the border you choose on the application form..

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

The e-visa part you print out and can just keep loose in your passport or staple it in. On arrival, you get a small entry permission sticker and then the entry/exit stamps. They take up about half a page in my passport in total. 

Cool, thanks. That will give me enough space for the Thai visa/entry stamp then.

2 minutes ago, transam said:

To go and return takes up half a page regarding Laos and Thai stamps, which you may find in your pp in bits and pieces to point out to the officer....No full page sticker...

But, the Laos eVisa can only be used at a few borders, and you must use the border you choose on the application form..

Cheers. Yeah was planning on going Savannakhet which I read it was fine to use at. Just checked and do have a few quarter pages free actually. The inside of the back cover is completely blank and looks just like a normal page. Not sure if they'd be willing to stamp that :biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1

When you get to the other side of the bridge in Savannakhet you need to go to the office that issues visas and hand over your passport and the printed e-visa. Your passport will be returned in a few minutes with the 'Entry Permission' sticker affixed. The actual size of the sticker is 1" X 2 1/4". Once you have the sticker, you then proceed to the Laos immigration booths, where you will be stamped into the country.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

When you get to the other side of the bridge in Savannakhet you need to go to the office that issues visas and hand over your passport and the printed e-visa. Your passport will be returned in a few minutes with the 'Entry Permission' sticker affixed. The actual size of the sticker is 1" X 2 1/4". Once you have the sticker, you then proceed to the Laos immigration booths, where you will be stamped into the country.

Great, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same pickle only 2 pages left, but like others say you must get an evisa because if not stamp out Thailand, a full page laos visa on arrival then the tourist visa and stamp back in then that's gonna be full and you be replying on getting a renewal (if you plan to do that) in 60 days and and sometimes but not all they taking longer than 2 months especially if your from UK with the strike on they will probably have a back log

On 4/13/2023 at 12:29 PM, 2008bangkok said:

I am in the same pickle only 2 pages left, but like others say you must get an evisa because if not stamp out Thailand, a full page laos visa on arrival then the tourist visa and stamp back in then that's gonna be full and you be replying on getting a renewal (if you plan to do that) in 60 days and and sometimes but not all they taking longer than 2 months especially if your from UK with the strike on they will probably have a back log

I read on a FB group it is possible to extend 30 days while waiting for the new passport as they don't clip the corner.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...