Thailand gets ready for Songkran with free parking, toll-fee waivers

webfact

image.jpeg

State agencies have been instructed to ensure people can travel safely during the April 12-18 Songkran holidays, government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said.

Thousands of Thais are expected to start heading home from April 12 to celebrate the traditional Thai New Year on April 13. Public holidays for the three-day fest run until April 18 this year.

Anucha said the premier has instructed the Transport and Interior ministries, as well as the Royal Thai Police to ensure there are fewer road accidents this year and public transport is more convenient.

Full story: https://bangkokone.news/thailand-gets-ready-for-songkran-with-free-parking-toll-fee-waivers/

image.png

-- © Copyright BANGKOK ONE NEWS 2023-04-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Anucha said the premier has instructed the Transport and Interior ministries, as well as the Royal Thai Police to ensure there are fewer road accidents this year and public transport is more convenient

Best of luck as that will fall on deaf ears.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Anucha said the premier has instructed the Transport and Interior ministries, as well as the Royal Thai Police to ensure there are fewer road accidents this year and public transport is more convenient

So you telling me that they can control death on the roads and were not doing it ?? And now only for Songkran they will make sure less deaths and later its business usual?? And how is that?? Mandalory amulets on each vehicle and every bike rider is wearing many??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I too am making plans for Songkran...........Stay at home for a week.

I am also staying at home during Songcran apart from going to the shops, as all it will take is some farang to throw water over me and will be treated as self defence.

No prizes for guessing how that will turn out.

Edited by NoshowJones
  • Thumbs Up 1