Adding Family Member Back In The US To Bangkok Bank Account

HappyExpat57

I'm preparing for my passing and want a family member back in the US to get the 800k baht I have in a Bangkok Bank account for my annual extension in the event of my death. Would adding her on the account be a way for her to access the funds/xfer to a US account, or should I make a will naming her as the beneficiary?

if you add her to your bank account will not be acceptable to immigration for your extension, 

i have thought about having the bank app on a phone and then once deceased someone could use the app to transfer the money out, the bank would be none the wiser. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

if it's the only thing in Thailand you intend to pass on, giving them access to the online account or ATM card would be easier than a will and getting appointed estate manager in Thai court

Transferring the amount out of Thailand would mean going through wise, otherwise a local presence would be required like account to transfer to or to use the card to withdraw the cash

I got several recommendations for the same attorney in Pattaya who will do the will for 5k baht with the following details:

"To make a Will costs 5000 baht.

The executor of the Will must be in Thailand to attend the court. can take up to 4 months to get a date in court. The court will issue an order which can be given to your Bank to transfer funds.

Do you have a friend in Thailand to be Executor of the Will?

If you require a Lawyer to be Executor, the fee is 5% of the inheritance, this would be written in the Will.  

Need copy of
passport
bank book
address
list of heirs and their contact details, their bank details"

Thanks for all the info!

• Like 1