Yamaha Aerox availability in Chiang Mai?

ricklev

I live in Bangkok and am coming to Chiang Mai in May for a few months. Does anyone know if it is now possible to buy a new Aerox for cash with no waiting period? I tried back in January but none were available and I was told they would only sell on finance anyway. Any recommended dealers? Thanks
I could buy one in Bangkok and take it up on the train if I need to. If I can.....

I have read that the PCX 160 is still back ordered.

You are coming for a few months... do you intend to bring the newly purchased Aerox back to BKK with you? In this case it makes a lot of sense to buy it in Bangkok (registration, licence plate). Easy enough to let Kerry or similar ship it for you.

If you really want to buy in CM, the most equipped dealer is Charoen in Prokapplao (spelling) inside the moat. Though I didn't see any ready to sell Aerox when I was there a few weeks ago. If you decide to buy a very good well kept used model, PM me.

PCX160 is a totally different feeling. If you like the Aerox feeling, try Honda ADV160.

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You are coming for a few months... do you intend to bring the newly purchased Aerox back to BKK with you? In this case it makes a lot of sense to buy it in Bangkok (registration, licence plate). Easy enough to let Kerry or similar ship it for you.

If you really want to buy in CM, the most equipped dealer is Charoen in Prokapplao (spelling) inside the moat. Though I didn't see any ready to sell Aerox when I was there a few weeks ago. If you decide to buy a very good well kept used model, PM me.

PCX160 is a totally different feeling. If you like the Aerox feeling, try Honda ADV160.

Thanks. No I'm not looking for a PCX. I just put that in there as a comment about supply issues. 

I called around today. The shop on Rajadamnern has the standard model in stock but not the ABS version. Same is true in Bangkok but they are adding 2500 to the list price. 

I'm not really concerned about where it's registered as I go back and forth between Bangkok and Chiang Mai a lot. Up until couple months ago it was easy to ride to the train station from my condo in Bangkok and hop on a train but that's gotten complicated as they've moved the station far away. It's easy enough to take it to the post office though. 

I've had the same Honda Wave for 15 years now and that thing is an amazing trooper.  It only has 25K on it and looks like new.  However, I rented a new Aerox in December in Chiang Mai for a month and rode up to Pai and around town and I realized how much the technology has advanced.  It was a pleasure.  

I sent you a PM about your used bike. It's a possibility!

Edited by ricklev

18 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Good lateral thinking ari.

ADV is a very comfy bike. Not as quick as the 150 Click or the Aerox but way, way more comfy, and stable to ride (in my opinion of owning one a few years ago).

If buying in BKK your alternative is a sensible idea. Thai Post will ship for peanuts. I shipped a 750 ADV from a second-hand dealer in BKK to Phuket, it was cheap, and easy as falling off a log.

• 4 weeks later...

I rented an Aerox recently. Fine enough but the headlight coverage at night is horrendous. Sounds silly, perhaps, but it has a very narrow field of illumination. If you are on a windy, mountain road, lots of curves, it becomes very noticeable as you are turning blindly around sharp curves. The headlight doesn't throw out enough to the sides. It might not matter in a lot of situations but you wouldn't want to drive it to Pai at night, for example. You can't see around the curves. Anyone else have this experience?

Edited by bamboozled