Check your lottery tickets - woman disappointed after buying online ticket from a hawker

webfact

bf9e95de31b9bc5b6318c187595b440ffa48071fc71a7332d606b227742130b4.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

A 44 year old woman called Somjai went to the Wihan Daeng police in Saraburi, central Thailand after she thought she had won a slice of the lottery.

Somjai had bought two tickets from a hawker at a market in Wihan Daeng.

71e163bc4accc0c2bcd741ed0beb7754c4eb754cac67c4c92bb9a9080b011bfd.jpg

The numbers were 111018. She had correctly got the first three digits in Saturday's draw, that coincidentally was April Fool's Day.

Somjai had predicted the 111 and went to a trader who buys such tickets for a small commission and was told they were not paying on this ticket.

2f1f68e4b39a35f8a96098aefc6f2ce98a7730b8e9778f048be92873a677f85b.jpg

It had been marked inside as for online sale. It appeared to have been sold on illegally, reported Siam Rath.

Somjai say "mai pen rai" about the money but called on traders to show a bit of lottery legitimacy.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-04-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

I hate even hearing about the lottery these days. Did the Euro lottery at home last April, almost did it on Tues 19th but but put the entry paper back thinking I'll do it on Friday for a few goes. Did it Friday 22nd, got a funny look from the woman on the till in W H Smiths. When I checked the next week to see how many numbers I had it came up winning (104 million euro) but not for the Friday, for the Tuesday. Def not seen the results or any news only been back a few days, but on the 19th millions had entered and not won, I go in on the Friday and stick the numbers in for the wrong day. Quite depressed for a week.???? Never do it again even here.