Dual pricing vs online booking

I've been here 20-odd years and I still hate dual-pricing. However, I have just discovered that numerous attractions in LoS appear to be bookable through online services such as Klook and Tiqet, which charge much less than the standard entry fee at attractions. Eg:

Ancient City, Samut Prakan. Official website: farang B750 (unless with WP). Tiqets (via link on google maps): AUD15.04, or approx B350. The site acknowledges you are an international visitor.

This is not the usual moan about rights/wrongs of dual pricing. I may be the last to know about this, but my question is whether or not tickets booked online with these operators would actually get you into attractions, or whether you'd be told to go away, or pay the difference.

Anyone any experience?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, isaanistical said:

Not precisely what I was asking but thanks anyway. Question refers to attractionS.

Compared to real attractions like the ones in Italy for example the so called ones here are often vastly over priced. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, isaanistical said:

The site acknowledges you are an international visitor.

I suppose you could give it a go and if you are refused entry, then try to get your money back from the site, and good luck with that.

Me personally, for what it's worth, anything extra because I am a farang is totally boycotted and the sooner others do the same, nothing will change, just saying :stoner:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If you have been here that long, you have a Pink ID card? , that will often, not always, get you in at Thai (non tourist) prices.Never let me down yet.

No I don't have, never seen the point (maybe this is it!).

To explain, just in case someone wants to repeat useful advice about Italy, I couldn't give a 4x for the tourist attractions which are all and only temples and I have no interest in them. My wife mentioned we might go to the Ancient City  again - we went a million years ago and I didn't like it then - and I immediately looked for an excuse, like 'it's too expensive'.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

anything extra because I am a farang is totally boycotted and the sooner others do the same

agree entirely, although on one or two occasions with the family it was necessary to compromise. Not any more though.  And even then, we usually just refused to pay the extra; I can't recall that ever failing, given my wife's acerbic tongue!

Now I only go to overpriced Italian attractions...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1