UPDATE: Australian Ex-pat Stabbed to Death at Krabi Resort was Celebrating his Birthday

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Krabi – An Australian resort boss was killed on his 57th birthday by the husband of one of his own employees who was apparently upset about her pay at a resort in Krabi.

Mrs. Wanna, whose full name on as withheld by police, who is the main suspect’s wife, said her boss accused her of embezzling resort money for more than 10,000 baht. She has denied the accusation and continues to deny it even after the murder of her former boss.

According to Wanna, her boss did not believe that she did not steal the money and wanted to deduct the amount from her final owed salary before firing her from her job. Mrs. Wanna told the story to her husband who became enraged and went to the resort, which also comprises a bar and restaurant, and murdered the victim with a knife.

Heppell had been celebrating his birthday at the resort when he was murdered, said the victim’s sister.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/04/05/update-australian-ex-pat-stabbed-to-death-at-krabi-resort-was-celebrating-his-birthday/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-04-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:
2 hours ago, webfact said:

Mrs. Wanna told the story to her husband who became enraged and went to the resort, which also comprises a bar and restaurant, and murdered the victim with a knife.

...so his wife will get her salary now?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

embezzling resort money for more than 10,000 baht

Hiring foreigners will solve the problem.

You won't have embezzlement but it may cost you a little more for salary and he'd still be alive.

Edited by Cricky

6 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Business opportunities in the LOS... RIP, my guy.

Down the road from our village a Thai man opened a mini mart franchise. He had two ladies tending the front. Bright, cheerful, they lit up the place, made it seem like we now had a bustling town here. Then one day they were gone, and now only his quiet, surly cousin mans the register. Word around the village is that after he did his first sales vs cash intake tally, they had robbed him blind. Tough times.

A occurrence which happens many times over unfortunately.  Just read an OP where a former Lotus employee walked in, opened the safe an walked of with 300k Thb......one wonders, or maybe not, about the moral absence here.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

My wife's own words, "They get cash in their hands, and they cannot อดทน" (perserve, resist the temptation).

I have some very hard working and prudent in-laws.

On the other hand I have some that this sums up, a S-i-l who started a shop but spent the the money that she got from sales rather than just the profit. This inevitably led to her ending up with nothing to sell. Her daughter and the daughter’s ‘tom’ then took on the shop and did exactly the same thing.

A B-i-L is a farmer, whenever he sells a crop they go on a spending spree followed by not having money for things like seed, fertilizer or diesel for the tractors.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Pure speculation here ..

An inebriated and fed-up Ozzie exchanges some angry words with the useless husband.

The Ozzie drops a few f-bombs into an already volatile mix.

The ignoramus Thai translates the f-words as 'f-you'....as they always do.

The rest is history 

What a totally bizzar statement! Still shaking my head in disbelief!!!!! Bizarre. 

3 hours ago, aussienam said:

RIP to the Aussie expat businessman. Condolences to his family.  A violent death. 

Question is whether the idiotic Thai criminal attended with or without a knife.  With a knife = more intent.

Without a knife = possibly momentary blind rage. 

Either way he's taken a life, traumatized a now grieving family who will suffer for life. And he will spend likely a decade or more in prison.  I always shake my head in wonder as to why people who do these sort of crimes never think through the consequences of their actions.  The logic part of their brains completely shuts down and they become as primitive as an ape. 

It's Thailand. Happens all the time. Feel the love yet because this can happen to anyone here at any time!!!

I always shake my head in wonder as to why people who do these sort of crimes never think through the consequences of their actions.

You answered your own question.   :chitown:

The logic part of their brains completely shuts down and they become as primitive as an ape.