5 Thai beaches appear on list of top 100 beaches in the world

webfact

I live here on an island and love it. NSW, Australia has hundreds of quiet, perfectly clear watered idyllic beaches like this by the way. But the cost of living is way way higher than LOS, but the chance of being called a 'hansum man' on a regular basis on a NSW beach by a lithe brown beauty is far less lol ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, grain said:

I remember about 40 years ago, Ao Ton Sai beach at Koh Phi Phi was voted number 1 in the world, it doesn't even make this or any list any longer.

I was there in 1999 and there was raw sewage bubbling out of the ground from the hotels between Ton Sai and Loh Dalum beaches.

I wonder what it is like now?

So, funny the criticism on here. I don't know about the other posters on here but the beaches in Thailand especially Phuket are a million times better than my hometown's beach and even the nice beaches in the UK are usually ruined by the abysmal British weather.

10 hours ago, Denim said:

Pictures like this look great but reality can be different. What with temperatures in the 40's plus reflected glare from the sand the possibility of seriously damaging your skin is very real. In the hot season I avoid beaches altogether. Just too uncomfortable and I've spent enough erasing skin cancer to have learnt my lesson.

Sounds like your better off hiding in the wardrobe until the sun goes down.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I would think determining BEST beaches would be a subjective process. Any other method would be like separating grains of sand. What seems best to Tom may not be best to Dick or Harry.