Bell's Palsy

jaiyenyen

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What causes it please?

Swelling and inflammation of the nerve that controls the muscles on one side of the face, which in turn may be caused by a viral infection (often herpes simplex, same virus that causes cold sores)/reaction to a viral infection, or an autoimmune disorder.

Anything that weakens the immune system (stress, lack of sleep etc) increases the chance of getting it.

• Thanks 1

stroke is usually left side but not always ,i had one when i was asleep luckily it was mild..in the morning my speech was slurred so thats why i investigate the cause,an popped an aspirin  ,but they say dont take an aspirin as it may be a    bleed on the brain i found out later

I had it. It's scary. I remember swimming with my face in the water and not feeling the other half. There's a rule in medical books that it starts getting better at day "X". In my case it did exactly that. 5 days is too soon to notice an improvement I think. 

I read that herpes could be the culprit. Herpes is a nerve virus remember. In my case it probably was, for I started having outbreaks of herpes (labialis) about 1 year after the Bell's Palsy incident. You may want to do a test for herpes after your symtoms are over.

Edited by JackGats
added more info

1 hour ago, connda said:

Have you had a Covid shot recently?

"They concluded that the observed incidence of Bell's palsy in the mRNA vaccine arms was 3·5 to seven times higher than expected in the general population."
????????????
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00273-5/fulltext

And this is helpful how? 

Would you rather op died of got long term problems from covid? 

Bell's palsy existed and is not that unusual even before covid vaccinations. 

OP, my friend had it and he recovered fine. 

It must be scary, but try to relax and take all the medications and that will improve your speed of recovery.  ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I had a terrible pain in the neck for 1 week and was taking painkillers every 4 hours. Then i woke up with a paralyzed right side of the face. It got worse for the first few days.

It took a few weeks to get some movement back, and now i have some involuntary movement of my bottom eyelid when moving my lips.

11 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Bell's palsy existed and is not that unusual even before covid vaccinations. 

Fyi.  I just pointed out the journal article that shows the possible adverse reaction link to Covid vaccinations (Bell's Palsy 3 to 7 times more prevalent after Covid vaccinations in the populations who received the vaccination) .  That's something worth further research, and for those who received the Covid shots, it may explain the causality better than other things such as herpes.

The Lancet isn't quite a bunch of anti-vaxx conspiracy theorists with an agenda.
The Lancet is a well respected medical journal. 

From Wikipedia:

"The Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal and one of the oldest of its kind. It is also the world's highest-impact academic journal. It was founded in England in 1823.

The journal publishes original research articles, review articles ("seminars" and "reviews"), editorials, book reviews, correspondence, as well as news features and case reports."

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, connda said:

"Would you rather op died of got long term problems from covid?"
Of course not. What's that have to do with posting a link to a medical journal?

Every comment below is my personal opinion and nothing more.  I'm not making any medical claims.
Regarding the link to Bell's Palsy in the article:
Anecdotally?  Neither my wife or I have taken the shots - and - neither one of us has had Covid.  And over the last three years I don't mask (unless forced to) and I don't avoid people.  As well, most people I personally know who chose not to take the shots have not had Covid.  Over the last two years since the shots have been available, my friends and aquaintences do discuss this issue together on Social Media in our own forums. And none of my friends and acquaintances whom I have discussed this with are worried at all.

"Well," you may say, "then you are an Anti-Vaxxer!!!  ????

Nope - I work with a lot of stray and feral animals and I get prophylaxis rabies shots every three years and I keep up on my tetanus shots. No - I'm not "Anti-Vaccination" if the vaccines have proven safety and efficacy histories.
And If a shot is proven to be a sterilizing vaccine?  I'll be the first in line to take it - once it has global FDA approval and published long-term safety data.
In fact I'm hoping that one day a class of sterilizing vaccines are developed to end upper-respiratory viruses for good.  Hallelujah that would be wonderful.
At this point in time, none of the Covid 'vaccines' are sterilizing vaccines from any research I've read (if they are please point me to the publication as I'd love to read it). 
Oh - and I don't take Flu Shots either and I haven't had the flu in two decades.  Just my experience.  Please, if you're worried about the flu - take your annual vaccinations!  :thumbsup:
Also - I don't use Social Media to encourage anyone to not take vaccines.  That's a personal decision and it is a decision that is up the each individual. 

With that said - You couldn't pay me to take the current mRNA 'vaccines' until I see 7 to 10 years of long-term data.  In my own personal opinion, the vaccine approvals were rushed.  A normal vaccine development cycle including trials takes 5 to 10 years.  There's a reason for that called "Safety."  History is replete with examples of drug companies pushing out their cures that in turn, in the long-term, turn into public health disasters, for example - thalidomide.
I only speak for myself.  For those who consented to be Phase 3 trial participants or wish to take the newly approved vaccines - you have my thanks, best wishes, and blessings. 
I may consider mRNA vaccine technology after the actual 'Long-Term' safety and efficacy data for these classes mRNA vaccine technology is analyzed and published, for each type of infection for which they have been developed to counter - like 7 to 10 years after the vaccines have been developed, and after I read the peer-reviewed published results and any ancillary comments by independent "experts" who have no conflicts of interests.

I haven't worried about Covid in 2020 and I don't worry about Covid now. 
By the way - the US declared the "pandemic" to be over.  Virology 101: over time the virus becomes more infectious but presents milder symptoms.

"But Covid can kill you!"  ????

A cold virus can kill you if you're elderly or immune compromised.  But for most healthy people with good immune systems?  You get sick to some degree and you get over it.  That's they way of it.  So why worry?

All completely irrelivent to the OPs question.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

All completely irrelivent to the OPs question.  

If the OP (or anyone else who has had a Covid vaccine)  had taken the vaccine, then the link to the Lancet article is 100% completely relevant to his situation as the Lancet article is drawing a causal link between Covid vaccinations and Bell's Palsy that is significantly greater than the norm in the human population in the past. The incidence rate of Bell's Palsy in the past accounted for other causal factors such as herpes.

I'm leaving the discussion at this point with hopes and prayer for the OP's speedy recovery.  His condition has got to be scary as hell and I'd wish it on no one even though it is not life-threatening. 
And again - best wishes for a speedy recovery @jaiyenyen.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you as this must just terrible for you.  ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had a BP episode a few years back caused by shingles ..  I did all the facial exercises religiously  and after a week or so it started to improve  and by the 5th week I was 99% back to normal . But I know from all the research I did  the symptoms can last for years in a very small minority of people ,

But knowing it wasn't a stroke for sure made me happy is was  only a BP episode .(lesser of the 2) evils 

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, banglay said:

But knowing it wasn't a stroke for sure made me happy is was  only a BP episode .(lesser of the 2) evils 

Yes. I had the same feeling. Glad that it wasn't a stroke.......ONLY Bell's Palsy 555

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

It's a common Covid vaccination side effect. If you are "vaccinated" against Covid and willing to accept that this could have caused it, feel free to PM me, I can provide you with a detox protocol.

Please publish it here.  We could all do with a laugh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a quick update after around 24 days.

I had 4 x 1 hour sessions of electro stimulation followed by hot towels to the affected side of my face. I've also been given some meds to take. Things seem to be improving. Muscles have started moving again, and there have been daily improvements, which I'm taking as a good sign. 

One thing that has worried me is that I saw another doctor at my hospital and despite my improvements he wants me to have an MRI scan. This scared the <deleted> out of me and really knocked my (So far) positive attitude.

I told him I'll see him next week and see what further improvements have been made, then take it from there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...