Chiang Mai famous & in world news,,, sadly not for good reasons

mania

4 hours ago, novacova said:

I’m sorry I ruined the pity party and correctly inform that cm isn’t really the most polluted city in the world. Though any who want to believe such nonsense certainly should and have at it ????

Sorry to disappoint no pity party here...most polluted or not it is a real cancer hole at the moment. We do own a home in Thailand but since 2016 we only live there 3 good months a year so it is not a problem for us personally

Still sad to see such a state offered to others though

Enjoy

Edited by Pink Mist
An off topic portion has been edited.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, novacova said:

CM is not the most polluted city in the world. It’s its the most polluted city in Chiangmai????. If you want severe pollution then go to china or India…

IQAir showing it as second behind Beijing at this moment in time. Ahead of Dhaka and Delhi. (That's on the major cities list).Is your point that it's not worth talking about unless it's the worst at all moments in time? Or that it's all a big overreaction and not a genuine problem? Or you're just one of those who always reacts against anything that puts Thailand at No.1?

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

IQAir showing it as second behind Beijing at this moment in time. Ahead of Dhaka and Delhi. (That's on the major cities list).Is your point that it's not worth talking about unless it's the worst at all moments in time? Or that it's all a big overreaction and not a genuine problem? Or you're just one of those who always reacts against anything that puts Thailand at No.1?

You’re point is not worth talking about unless it’s based on facts.

Major cities per capita? Or country? A lot of these cities are much more populated than cm. CM not even on the top 50. I know many of you really want cm to be the worst place on earth now. But sorry it isn’t. Take a look at the above map or just continue in denial, whatever ever suits you best..
Just a moment ago…

IMG_8523.jpeg

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Celsius said:

It's still pretty filthy and certainly dangerous. There are 9 Thai cities ranked in the top 50 today.

What's your point?

Or more importantly, how much did your "investment" cost you to live the dream in a filthy polluted 3rd world shole?

The obvious point why say it’s the worst place when there are far worse places, it may have the most smoke for a city in th, but certainly not the world. I know you really want it to be, but it’s simply not. 
If you think it’s 3rd world here then obviously you’ve never been in a 3rd world country. Definitely not 3rd world here. Though I do see a lot of westerners here with 3rd world social issues.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Showing me this right now: 

Screenshot_2023-04-13-09-44-45-653_com.android.chrome.jpg

Isn’t this only for the major cities for each country? One per country? The map novecova posted shows extremely dense pollution in areas with more cities more densely populated. It’s easy to deduce where the most polluted populated areas are by looking at the map and chiang mai isn’t one of them. What website is that map on? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, khunJam said:

You mean Doi Suthep right?

now in Chiangmai is a lot lower then what you posted 

IMG_8524.jpeg

Chiang Mai Air Quality Index (AQI)

Real-time PM2.5, PM10 air pollution level Chiang Mai

Last Update: 13 Apr 2023, 10:05am

(AQI-US)

Edited by Pink Mist
Meme removed
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Chiang Mai Air Quality Index (AQI)

Real-time PM2.5, PM10 air pollution level Chiang Mai

Last Update: 13 Apr 2023, 10:05am

(AQI-US)

Chiang Mai SEVERE aqi boy

IMG_8526.jpeg

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 3:44 PM, mania said:

Always the guys who likely just arrived who sing the praises & claim elsewhere is worse as if that somehow improves the filth they call air in CM

5! Weird and foolish thing to say. How do you know he just arrived? You view your self as being special or something? In the know, entitled to a special knowledge? Over the years I see folks like the guy that made that foolish above remark, they live here part time maybe some full time and whenever they see a foreigner they insinuate themselves to be noticeable try to get my attention, it’s weird. I mean really weird…are they really that desperate and insecure about themselves? In tops market a couple months ago a weirdo when out of his way to push his girlfriend towards me and to walk towards me so he could be sure I see him, what a f’n idiot! I see a lot of you guys doing this almost everyday, in the market on the motorcycle or wherever. It’s easy to spot these types here on the forum, they just can’t help themselves. This is why I ignore you folks in public. And another thing, you think for a moment that your Thai wife, hooker, gf or holiday gf doesn’t notice? Well they do notice and most likely think you’re an idiot as well. 555! A lot of you folks that have been here or coming and going for a while still don’t get it, Nobody cares who you are what you have or what you think! 

Anyways the air is better today than it was a couple days ago.

Edited by 0james0
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/15/2023 at 7:32 PM, 0james0 said:

5! Weird and foolish thing to say. How do you know he just arrived? You view your self as being special or something? In the know, entitled to a special knowledge? Over the years I see folks like the guy that made that foolish above remark, they live here part time maybe some full time and whenever they see a foreigner they insinuate themselves to be noticeable try to get my attention, it’s weird. I mean really weird…are they really that desperate and insecure about themselves? In tops market a couple months ago a weirdo when out of his way to push his girlfriend towards me and to walk towards me so he could be sure I see him, what a f’n idiot! I see a lot of you guys doing this almost everyday, in the market on the motorcycle or wherever. It’s easy to spot these types here on the forum, they just can’t help themselves. This is why I ignore you folks in public. And another thing, you think for a moment that your Thai wife, hooker, gf or holiday gf doesn’t notice? Well they do notice and most likely think you’re an idiot as well. 555! A lot of you folks that have been here or coming and going for a while still don’t get it, Nobody cares who you are what you have or what you think! 

Anyways the air is better today than it was a couple days ago.

Haha Hilarious I must admit that I’ve noticed the same thing.