There's Perrier in them thar hills! Thai pensioner says his water is comparable to French mineral water

webfact

dFQROr7oWzulq5Fa5BcddwlYPKKHnQWViFK9ehpBDkDCwtglrjhfduKSYjaiSj6cPwS.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath went to investigate after a Sukhothai pensioner found effervescent water under his land in Naserng Khiri sub-dictrict of Khirimat district in northern Thailand.

Lt-Col Kanet Rakwun, 62, had got an engineer in to drill for groundwater for his crops.

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04aiKzn6E7s4gMYHFkXO3pYFEopl3i8e.jpg

Instead they struck what the media said was soda water.

The "chang" (engineer) took a sip and said it fizzed on his tongue and tasted rather nice.

A solar pump was installed and now the locals are trying the water at a testing station.

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04aiKzn6E7s4gMYHFlAKgGHJhiW6JxpG.jpg

Khanet said that his water is comparable to French mineral water.

After some of the chemicals like manganese have been filtered out, a process the locals use for regular tap water.

Dtbezn3nNUxytg04aiKzn6E7s4gMYHFklcUa8iYrg2CMCs.jpg

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-04-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I suggest he pays for a sample analysis and publishes the result to show mineral and chemical content. I could carbonate ditch water but I still wouldn't  drink it.

How do the locals remove only manganese from their 'tap water"?

Using  Solar pump would suggest quite a hallow depth to the well.

This would of course also suggests the water would be full of all kinds of contaminates.

I have a well that is over 150 M deep drilled into solid Rock, with water drawn from a depth of 125 M ,that is more likely to produce " Perrier Water "