Rooster Reports 15: Have water fun at Songkran but lay off motorcyclists, unless you want to be banged up abroad

webfact

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-04-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am surprised if you were surprised......

This used to happen frequently in Pattaya at Songkran pre Covid and often remarked upon in the forums.

PS - you may want to check your volume levels as for me I had to almost max out the level on my lap top to hear very clearly - and no my ears weren't full of water.......:biggrin:

• Like 1

Good on you Rooster… I enjoy the daily vlogs not a great deal of patience when reading… but watching these are Great! Thanks and enjoy the Songkran holiday… 

and yes spraying a motorcyclist in face in a major no no… keeps you on the toes when out riding but 

as always be alert cause some no riders don’t understand how quickly you can go down on a MC.. 

cheers

• Haha 1

Thanks for that Rooster !  Was in Ban Tak today with a family I have great affection for. Young lad (Thai ) threw water in the face of a passing  MC .  So I went over and motioned to him ( my Thai is limited unlike yours) that this was mai dee and keep it below the chest.

Very pleased to report that he understood the farang and conducted himself in exemplary fashion the rest of the day.

Songkran can be a lot fun but please everyone respect the elderly , people trying to make a living and basic road safety.  A little water on the shoulder goes a long way towards cultural understanding.  Sa wa dee pee mai.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rooster, I am glad you survived your water treatment at Songkran.

I will never be in Thailand for Songkran again, as even years ago, I seen

people with 2 inch fire hoses spraying water at people in Phuket, at an intersection

in Karen Beach. A business man was knocked right off his bike, and all the drunks just laughed at him, and 

picked up his bike, and sent him on his way even though he was totally soaked and would have to go

back to change his clothes. That was the last time I wanted to have anything to do with Songkran.

Oh and Happy Thai New year, it seems.