The return of the Ford Capri ?

Oh my......(*sigh*)

Mine was bright yellow, bought it second-hand in '83 for 180 pounds (less than 8000 baht in today's money!), a 2 point something litre, had a differential whine that made it sound like an F1 McLaren, and went like a bomb. 

(Way too much of a cheap charlie to buy a camera then, so no pics......and for any Brits reading this old enough to recall those days, no, I did NOT have fluffy dice hanging from the mirror or played bl**dy Bananarama cassettes really loudly on the cassette player with the windows down, parked in the chippy car park! ????)

• Haha 2

Who would have believed it.

"At the time the Ford Capri RS3100 was launched the cards were stacked against it being a marketing success as the new MK2 Capri was waiting in the wings, there was an oil crisis and it was very expensive at nearly £2,500, the car proved very difficult to sell, this led to 50 cars being exported to Australia in June/July 1974. There were also 22 cars registered by Ford for the use of their Area Sales Managers to try and push sales most of the time at heavily discounted prices".

One of the Australian cars has been imported back to the UK. Year of manufacture 1974, 40083 genuine mileage, a snip at 53,999 pounds.

There is also a one owner car registered to the Ford Motor Company for sale. Price on Application.

Mine was a 1972 3.0 V6 GXL. Metallic blue with a black vinyl roof. It was probably one of the best cars I've owned. Twin exhausts gave it a  beautiful rumble. The long bonnet in front made you feel like you were laying in bed.

Then along came the new baby and I had to give her (The Capri) up for something more practical.

I sold it to a lad in my wife's office. He wrote it off within a month.

I think part of me is still in mourning.

Capri.jpg

Edited by jaiyenyen