PM Warns Public of New Narcotic Drug

webfact

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

posting content advertising the use of narcotics will face a prison sentence of up to 2 years or a 200,000 baht fine.

If you like a post and that person is on narcotics, will you be jailed??  What about if you like a post with a crowd and one of them is under the influence?  jailed?   

Even outside of Thailand?  What if I like a post of a football stadium and there's a Thai on this substance, will I get jail time?  

LOS...  never use social media, never ride a motorbike.  never, ever, ever, never, never.   It's always a lose-lose.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

How many times have I read catchy articles warning about some "dangerous new drug", only to find it's about the same old controlled substance in slightly different packaging.

Powdered Xstasy = molly. It's just more or less pure MDMA that hasn't been compounded into an e-tablet.

I suspect some people want law-enforcement to come hard on xstasy since their business is chiefly meth.

Edited by JackGats
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some silly posts on here, ecstasy is of course a drug, and like one poster has said is MDMA based, often with a tranquiliser thrown in and a bit more, depending on who made it. You could never get it for less than 800 a pill when it was really popular in Bangkok around 2000-2005. The effects of it in the article are grossly exaggerated although, its relatively harmless.

• Like 1

If you look into how it came about, and how it was sold in the beginnings, that is exactly what happened. I was caught up in that scene for years. These days I don't know what they do with it but it should be heavily MDMA based with maybe an added something or maybe not. MDMA can't shift your mood up and down easily because its amphetamine based but ecstasy was being sold in nightclubs before and supposed to help you get into trance and house and acid music more, so that the esperiences on it shifted about more, along with the night club music. MDMA alone can't really do that but it might be sold like that these days. I am too out of touch with it to know. Last time I touched it was in CHina in 2008 and that was pure MDMA yes, no doubt about it. If that's what it is these days then so be it but it never used to be like that in the 90s. Such things did go on sale back then but they were called flatliners not ecstasy.   

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Where do I start....

The difference between powdered ecstasy and tablet ecstasy is zero...

I am pretty sure ecstasy is not a narcotic.......Ecstasy addiction potential is non existent ....

But I will say selling ecstasy in powdered form to consumers is a very bad idea,,,,It would be pretty easy to take to much....

the difference between ecstasy tabs and MDMA powder is huge. As for taking too much, it is much easier to dose progressively with powder. 

If the powder was mixed with a filler though yes, it would be unpredictable.

Edited by n00dle
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Thai persons found involved in drug transactions, even outside of Thailand, will face serious punishments."

Oh really? 

Blessed be the flour sellers, for they will sit at the right hand side of Big Phom.

Ecstasy! 

OMG the world gonna end. How many have died from heat exhaustion since young Anna Wood? I'll wait...

MDMA is crystalline.

And its not new. It was initially invented in 1912, 111 years ago.

It was described by the UK's 'drug czar' as being no more dangerous than horse riding.

And it doesn't put you to sleep or deaden your senses so it cannot be described as a 'narcotic'

However, while the substance itself is basically harmless, the crude method of production and general carelessness means that a badly prepared batch can be harmful because of impurities (MDME), similarly if it is mixed with a more dangerous substance (which is very much a Thai way).

I would suggest that Ecstasy is rather sophisticated and too 'low key' for the enthusiastic locals but an ideal thing for a politician to start trying to spook uninformed people with.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 4:30 AM, redwood1 said:

But I will say selling ecstasy in powdered form to consumers is a very bad idea,,,,It would be pretty easy to take to much....

And dance, hug everyone n be happy for longer than you expected ????