Cat and Dogs.

Hi 

This cat pictured is a cat that has no owner, but I have been feeding since it was a young cat since about two years ago every night. I left out some chicken for it after I fed the dogs which I have seven of sometimes up to 10to feed.

I could never get too close to it, but it knew I was a friend, not foe. A few weeks ago I found a cat in the next Soi that had been dropped over the refuge bin outside the house, so we look like it’s tales in the air and it was looking in the bin for something but it wasn’t, it was dead. That cat was outside a notorious house, full of naughty 10-year-olds. Then about a week after I find my cat has been dumped in the entrance to our house. A real shame. I buried her in the garden.

I went next door, because technically it’s as if they are the owners because that’s where the cat spent its time although I was the one who fed it. I enquired about the cat and said do you know this cat in a picture where the cat was alive, I snapped, they said no, they didn’t know it. Then I showed them the picture of a it dead in the driveway and then this woman next door who is about as Clever as a tree said yeah it was killed by your dogs, I saw it. I then said if it was killed by my dogs why is there no blood on the body only a small tiny bit of blood inside as if it been shot boy a small calibre bullet? Even my girlfriend who will side with a Thai person over me even if they said it was 11pm and I pointed out the Sun still shining.

So my question is I have never seen a dog come close to catching a cat, especially in the environment where I live where there are so many things for the cat to jump onto. Do cats get killed by dogs and when they do get killed do they do it in a bloodless manner ? 

image.thumb.png.a598801a0565e465564491e1fc46573a.png

image.png.59f7563b4493731cd048af2a42230f60.png

Edited by Stevey
Add a cat pic

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately cats can be caught by dogs and killed.  Not every cat can escape, but will normally die fighting.

wife and I have tried o save various local cats, not only our own.  In every case th cat will have sever trauma where the dog has bitten it, often round the back area.

If a dead cat has no visible trauma or other marks, most likely to have been poisoned or shot or killed with single blow from a Thai.

Many Thais especially youths will take delight in killing a cat or other small animal.  Perhaps it makes them feel superior?

• Thumbs Up 1