ADHD test for adults in Bangkok?

Can anyone recommend a psychiatrist who can examine an adult for ADHD? I saw that most hospitals seem to refer to children mostly, not acknowledging that adults can have undiagnosed ADHD.

I also stumbled upon a westerner practicing in Bangkok (Eric Mason / Lighthouse Human Services) whose testing approach seems rather comprehensive as far as I can judge as a layman. Not sure if anyone has experience with him and can recommend him?

Edited by lambshankredemption

Dr. Mason diagnosed, my then, 19 year-old daughter with Inattentive ADHD a couple of years ago when Thai psychiatrists were diagnosing clinical depression from the same symptoms. We went along with Dr Mason's diagnosis and my daughter has been obtaining Ritalin under prescription ever since. I dread to think how she would have ended up taking anti-depressants instead!

Recommended.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sheepshank said:

Dr. Mason diagnosed, my then, 19 year-old daughter with Inattentive ADHD a couple of years ago when Thai psychiatrists were diagnosing clinical depression from the same symptoms. We went along with Dr Mason's diagnosis and my daughter has been obtaining Ritalin under prescription ever since. I dread to think how she would have ended up taking anti-depressants instead!

Recommended.

Thanks for sharing this. Do you remember how long it took and what tests he did? His website outlines a test protocol that seems rather comprehensive, and I’m wondering whether he does all that, especially that computer based test. 

My daughter's initial consultation was via a one hour Zoom call during the Covid lock down time where it became obvious to Dr Mason that she was suffering from ADHD without any need to go through the computer generated diagnostic process.

He produced a report for my daughter to take to a third-party MD after lock down was terminated.  The MD issued a prescription for the appropriate meds based on the written report combined with a face-to-face consultation with my daughter.

Hope this helps.