Maybe working towards a sense of community is a better goal than trying to make friends with everyone

Gecko123

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

trying to develop a sense of community

How about going regularly to the temple, talk with the others about the winning lottery numbers, maybe some farmer small talk. Are you ready for this?

I think for most of us the difference between us and them is so large that basically it can't be overcome.

I think best case Thais will think that this one crazy farang is a little less crazy than the others - best case. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I helped a guy stack his straw bales, as he was on his own, another one had a delivery of bales as I was passing so helped out, another had a piĺck up load of heavy rice bags to put in his shed so as I was passing helped him put them in, lady was stuck in a rut with a motorsi and side car, got her going, neighbour asked if I could drive his spare truck to drag one home with a clutch problem 

Yes hand out oatcakes and Banana muffins occasionally

Because it's just me 

Don't try to ingratiate myself, one farang bought bicycles for the village kids to go to school, gone now, never even met him, doubt he is remembered

I don't think I can ever be a fully fledged member of the community I like being me 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2023 at 2:03 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

How about going regularly to the temple, talk with the others about the winning lottery numbers, maybe some farmer small talk. Are you ready for this?

I think for most of us the difference between us and them is so large that basically it can't be overcome.

I think best case Thais will think that this one crazy farang is a little less crazy than the others - best case. 

If that really is your outlook, I sympathise.

• Thanks 1