EMAUX vs PENTAIR Variable Speed Pool Pump

mipa123

Hi,

I'm curranty looking into upgrading (replacing) my Hayward Super II Pump (primary noise reason, secondary energy consumption) and based on the tons of reviews on US forums wanted to go with Pentair IntelliFlo3.

Pentair availability seems very limited in Thailand and of course way more expensive than EMAUX EPV.

For some reason I can't find ANY review at all of any EMAUX pump, and especially no variable speed series like the SPV or EPV I'm looking at. I can't even figure out what the difference between SPV and EPV is, while EPV seems higher quality - based on the higher price I would guess.

If EMAUX is in business for 20 years, why is there no review anywhere? Or are they sold under different brand name outside Thailand? 

Thanks,

Michael

Emaux is a Chinese brand that is not marketed in western countries.

It might be sold in Australia as a discounted brand.

I think that being the reason for no reviews.

Pentair IntelliFlo3 is obviously a much higher quality product compared to Emaux  SPV or newer Emaux EPV.

But it comes at a huge price premium.

btw, what's the price difference?

Is it 2 or 3 times more expensive?

For basically the same efficiency.

After checking with about 20+ dealers in Thailand, over the last few days, I've finally found one today in BKK, who had one last Pentair IntelliFlo FSV in stock.

Emaux EPV-300-Wifi would be 47.000 vs 65.000 I've now paid for the IntelliFlo - so definitely worth it. 

14 hours ago, mipa123 said:

Emaux EPV-300-Wifi would be 47.000 vs 65.000 I've now paid for the IntelliFlo - so definitely worth it.

Yeah, the price difference is not significant between those two if you need a 3HP pump.

btw, are you sure you need a 3HP one?

If your pool is not huge then you might be overpaying for an oversized pump.

A bigger than necessary pump would also be consuming more energy over the smaller one at the same running rpms.

If you want to save on electricity by keeping the pump running 24/7 at the lowest possible speed then don't forget to make sure to determine the pump's lowest running rpm threshold where your SWG shuts itself down.

Edited by unheard

I actually only "need" 1HP, but running the 3HP at 600 rpm should give a similar GPM as currently at zero noise and like 60 watts.. instead of 1500.. let's see.. I rather pay for the oversized, than repeating old issues...

IntelliFlo isn't actually available smaller than 3HP. SWG minimum flow rate of 15 GPM already considered. Also upgrading to 2", and ripping out the crappy spring based check valve and other flow blockages in the installation. I'll do everything myself, since only what you do yourself is done properly ???? 

I'll post an updated once I've installed it.. if I don't forget about it ????

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, mipa123 said:

SWG minimum flow rate of 15 GPM already considered. Also upgrading to 2", and ripping out the crappy spring based check valve and other flow blockages in the installation.

Sounds like a good plan!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...