Problem with issuing of Marriage Visa

I did my application for my Marriage Visa and get the under consideration stamp and today I'm back on the date that's on the stamp.

Then I were informed that my application is not back yet and that I must come back next week I then ask for some kind of proof with a date on it for next week but they don't want to assist with that and only tell me to come back next week.

Now my passport shows that my visa is expired so how will I be safe when I'm asked for my passport in this time without a valid visa stamp?

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

They've given you an "under consideration" stamp, it remains valid until you get the real extension stamp, basically it's unlimited time.

Thank you so much stay safe 

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Don’t worry, my under consideration period once lasted 45 days, no problems with IO, overstay etc etc.

edit: just go back on the day they said you have to go back and wait and see, maybe they even will call, they did in our case

Thank you so much 

• Like 1

The date given in your passport isn't necessarily the date your extension will be ready. What they should have told you is to await a phone call from them. Should have, apparently didn't. I had the same situation and now know better than to believe the date they gave me.

• Thanks 1

When I first arrived here many years ago we had to go from Khon Kaen to Nong Khai immigration office.  For four consecutive months I had to  go back to Nong Khai before the marriage visa was eventually granted.  And the visa was dated from the date of application, not the date it was given, so effectively it was an eight month visa until the next extension.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Which office is this?

All IO are not the same.

The IO at the Kamphaeng Phet office always calls my wife when I need to go back for the stamp.

At Phetchaburi immigration 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southy65 said:

Thank you.

Whilst all IO should be the same, sadly they are not.

Some stand out as excellent, and others stand out as dismal and there are quite a few threads on the good, the bad and the ugly ones.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pathum Thani IO, in my case, ALWAYS say to call them before coming to the office.

They staple their phone number beneath the "under consideration" stamp.

And when I call on or about the stamped date, they respond with "your application is/is not yet approved. Call again tomorrow "

17 hours ago, Southy65 said:

Just had a look, they have a reasonable web site, where you can actually book an appointment for various visas and extensions.   https://phetchaburi.immigration.go.th/   There are various contact methods quoted though, which I'm sure your wife will be able to navigate.

Unfortunately, unlike Phuket, they currently don't have the facility to check on your application status.   Just had a look at mine, quoting the number on my 'Under consideration' stamp, though knowing that its only been a few days since the application.

20230427_143646.jpg

• Like 1