Increase in international fights expected for Hua Hin Airport this year

snoop1130

49BE8660-2865-401B-893C-E566D8A83799.jpg

Hua Hin Airport, photo via Hua Hin Today.

The number of international flights to and from Hua Hin Airport is expected to increase in the near future, according to John LaRoche, CEO of the Phoenix Group, which is leading the upgrade of the airport.

Speaking at the recent meeting of the Royal Coast Riviera Club on Friday, April 21, LaRoche said that despite various setbacks, including the pandemic, more international flights were expected to arrive later this year. He said…

“My personal opinion is that we will see the first international flight land just after the election, although I won’t speculate on the significance of that date.”

Thailand will hold its general elections on May 14.

The Phoenix Group has used the pandemic period to make several improvements to the airport to accommodate more flights, such as the construction of a perimeter fence to ensure security and the widening of the runway to meet international safety requirements.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/increase-in-international-fights-expected-for-hua-hin-airport-this-year

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-04-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

We can only hope that his enthusiasm and statements are correct.  I know that as someone who lives here in PKK, using the airport would be done to travel by air instead of driving, this saving us time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“My personal opinion is that we will see the first international flight land just after the election, although I won’t speculate on the significance of that date.”

So why play mind games.

Just say which airlines have negotiated and confirmed the flight slots?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

International "fights" excellent! :laugh: :whistling:

RAZZ

Ya beat me to it.... darn... wonder if the instigators will be Russian, Jordanian or Chinese or, AN's all time favorites "the British"!. (tongue in cheek)