Where to advertise my hotel to sell to Russians?

simon43

Well, not my hotel but one of the small airport hotels that I built about 12 years ago for my hareem of ex-wives...

I built 4 such hotels since about 2002:

- 1 was sold

- 1 was 'crashed' by crazy ex-wife #2 (it was built with her money...)

- 1 was 'stolen' by drug-dealers, aided by the local police (that was my own little business, not happy about these events!)

- 1 continues to operate, owned by ex-wife #3 who has worked hard to create a profitable business with a good reputation.

During Covid, her business was very quiet, but it has now bounced back and bookings are rolling in.  It occurred to me that her business might be attractive to Russians seeking an established business in Phuket.

To test out this idea, I need to advertise on a website that targets Russians living in Thailand/Phuket or seeking to move their.  Does anyone have suggestions about such a website?

Thanks!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I would try any of the 'Phuket Property to Rent/Sell' Facebook group pages.   Whilst commercial rather than residential, these group pages are very much a source into the Russian community/word of mouth etc.

A friend advertised some gym equipment on Facebook and had a few interested Russian customers, and some while ago I advertised an Omega watch on Facebook as well, and had a couple of interested Russian customers.

Would be worth a try Simon.

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

will you accept Rubles or does it have to be Thai Baht

I won't accept anything because it's not my business to sell ???? I'm sure the ex will accept any currency that can easily be converted into Thai baht.

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Curious, you mean you designed and managed the projects ?

In what capacity did you create these ?

Yes, I designed all 4 of them from scratch.  The 1st hotel (Phuket Airport Hotel) was financed by me as I was married at the time.  After we divorced, we sold that hotel and split the profit and then my ex paid me to build a little airport hotel for her to manage (which she did very badly lol!).

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Why not contact Russian Embassy for some intros to possible buyers.

why Russian Embassy, why not directly contact Vlad he's open minded and no need for 3 way communications

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 7:26 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, good idea, that's exactly what embassies are there for.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me Russians with money liaise with the political classes. It would only take a few calls to ascertain whether there is any interest for intros. e.g:

https://thailand.mid.ru/ru/embassy/contacts/

CONSULATE GENERAL OF RUSSIA IN PHUKET
Address: 63/501 Moo 2, Thepkasattri Road, Kohkaew, Muang, Phuket, 83000
Tel. (mobile): +66 95 259 80 81 (general number for all questions
  • Haha 2