Tourist Visa

Hi all ,

has anyboby on the board here ever gone to Phnom Penn in Cambodia and applied for a Thai Tourist Visa.

Q. Can in be processed overnight. ( submit at thai embassy in the morning and receive next day AM. )

It's just that some places you have to stay 2 nights & others only 1 night. I am not familar with Phnom Penn.

eg :

KL can do overnight

Singapore can do overnight

Penang is 2 nights

Phnom Penn ?

thanks for any advise :o

steven.

The advise from me, and I believe most here, is don't. Very few, if any, have reported a pleasant experience . Although in an emergency it may be considered an option most people who have reported here would not go there again.

I went last month for 1 week, it was hel_l on earth, I will never go back again. I got my Toursit Visa, and it will take 3 business days for it to process, I had to wait 3 days, the longest ever, I flew out as soon as I got it, if your gonna do it BEWARE, everyone is out to get your money also, and very dusty and hot humid place. goodluck

I have been a few times, and it is not a pleasant experience. I have been for non 'o's and 'b' over many years and always had a problem, thats probably why they blew the old Thai embassy up a few years ago. Anyway a tourist one should be no problem. The thing is you can only apply in the afternoon and you can pick it up in the morning after one days wait. Touble is the flights leave in the morning before you can pick it up so it will take you three nights to get one. It may have changed now but this is what it was like one year ago.

Thats why nobody goes there, unless they are having a reasonable break there.

Plus you can only get a single entry.

On the up side I like Phnom Pehn, lots of new bars etc.

thank's Lopburi3 and all the other replies with advise.

You've all convinced me not to do the Phnom Penn route, I shall either go back to KL or try Singapore.

Regards,

steven100.

weather report - Bangkok : scattered showers , Riyadh : hot & dry

I went last month for 1 week, it was hel_l on earth, I will never go back again. I got my Toursit Visa, and it will take 3 business days for it to process, I had to wait 3 days, the longest ever, I flew out as soon as I got it, if your gonna do it BEWARE, everyone is out to get your money also, and very dusty and hot humid place. goodluck

You sure do have a beef with Phnom Penh. I could quite happily spend a week there.

Hot? Thailand isn't?

Humid? Thailand isn't?

Dusty?

Everyone is out to get your money? They're not in Thailand and all other SE Asian country?

You sure do have a beef with Phnom Penh. I could quite happily spend a week there.

Hot? Thailand isn't?

Humid? Thailand isn't?

Dusty?

Everyone is out to get your money? They're not in Thailand and all other SE Asian country?

Yeah, I thought Phnom Penh was kinda nice, at least a nice change from Sukumvit, altho I also like Sukumvit.  Decent enough digs, the California2 Guest House, right on the river front.  Nice area to walk in during the morning on the river.  Was only there for a couple of nights last December, and NOT on a visa trip, so didn't have that hassle.  I'd go back for a visit.  BTW, the contrast was pretty great compared to my only other visit, May 1974!!  No rockets, and not Bang Fai types either.

Mac

Hi all ,

has anyboby on the board here ever gone to Phnom Penn in Cambodia and applied for a Thai Tourist Visa.

Q. Can in be processed overnight. ( submit at thai embassy in the morning and receive next day AM. )

It's just that some places you have to stay 2 nights & others only 1 night. I am not familar with Phnom Penn.

eg :

KL can do overnight

Singapore can do overnight

Penang is 2 nights

Phnom Penn ?

thanks for any advise :o

steven.

pp refused me a tourist, 30 day is ok but really unhelpfull, pennang is def no1 place in my mind and is only 1 night provided you go mon to thursday before 12 (maybe even 11.30) air asia cheap as chips arrive pennang taxi to embassy/ consulate hand it in next day approx2pm pick it up then get outa there flyback about 5 ithink, job done!

by they way 1 night is enough anyway its a horrible place even the people who live there call it the island of rats!

good luck!

Most Thai embassies/consulates process tourist visas with in 24 hours.

Apply in the morning on the first day,

collect passport and visa on the next day around midday.

However flight times may mean that you have to stay and extra night.