British expat missing for a week in Chiang Mai

snoop1130

ดีไซน์ที่ไม่มีชื่อ-30-1.jpg

Photo via Review Chiang Mai and Kastro Freeman

A foreigner took to social media to seek help after his British friend went missing in Chiang Mai province in northern Thailand.

Kastro Freeman, a member of a Facebook group called Chiang Mai News in English, shared a picture of his missing friend, 46 year old Dominic Boyle, on Wednesday, April 26, with a caption that said…

“Howdy all, our friend, my housemate Dom has been missing for about a week now. He hasn’t passed through immigration, the police haven’t any information and his phone has been turned off. He wasn’t in the best head space when we last heard from him. Last seen around April 20 in various places, Loi Kroh and surrounding. If you wouldn’t mind sharing. Thanks.”

According to Channel 7 report, the man was last seen around Loi Kroh Road and the surrounding areas near Chiang Mai Night Bazaar.

A Thai woman named Tangmo, who works at a restaurant in the Loi Kroh area, reported to the media that Boyle was a regular customer, known to the staff as “Uncle Dom.” She noted that his last visit was on April 16 when he arrived on his motorcycle.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/british-expat-missing-for-a-week-in-chiang-mai

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-04-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All hopes are that he turns up in a national park with a headache.

But, was he another victim of the 100,000 small kitty purse!

It does seem at the moment, that a lot of foreigners are losing their lives in LOS. Do we have another serial killer on the loose?

Is there more to LOS than meets they eyes of criminals hiding.

• Confused 2

I heard that an expat was found dead in an apartment in Soi 6 Moon Muang earlier in the week.

Unsure who it was, but a possible contender. The police would have this information by now anyway.

RIP Soi 6 Expat.

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Many years ago, I sat down with a Hill tribe guy, and had a smoke of a little clay pipe.......rushing back to falang land seemed less important after a few of those!

Same here, last time I was up in the hills there was an undercover police officer with in spitting distance just waiting for the farang to head back. I would not even remotely think about it now. All they are looking for now is a big payday from a stupid farang.  Those days are gone for good.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1