Private Bangkok hospitals having the Covid vaccine?

JemJem

Hey. It has been quite a bit longer than 6 months since I had my last booster. So, I am thinking of going for another booster. 

Does any of you know at which private hospitals a foreign national can get that done? Preferably in central Bangkok and preferably the Pfizer/Biontec one. If they don't have that here, for example the Moderna one would be fine too. 

And, price info would be appreciated too. 

Cheers. 

• Haha 1

I think any of them will take you 1500-1800 baht off you and smile, possibly add a doctors fee on top, especially if you want the questionable first generation one..

However if you are from the UK - total guess based on Cheers - and still have a NHS number, why not try to arrange a call with clinic that last hosted your GP, and see if its really necessary..

Edited by Snugs08
  • Thanks 1

THG hospital group keeps on bombarding me with the offers of their vaccines. So they surely have it.

There was a big poster at Phyathai 1 hospital as well for Pfizer. I guess you can call them to ask directly as I haven't been there in a few months so maybe things changed.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Snugs08 said:

I think any of them will take you 1500-1800 baht off you and smile, possibly add a doctors fee on top, especially if you want the questionable first generation one..

However if you are from the UK - total guess based on Cheers - and still have a NHS number, why not try to arrange a call with clinic that last hosted your GP, and see if its really necessary..

No, I am not from the UK. 

If the price is as you guess, it is quite more expensive than I guessed. 

Thanks anyway. I will decide by next week. 

4 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

THG hospital group keeps on bombarding me with the offers of their vaccines. So they surely have it.

There was a big poster at Phyathai 1 hospital as well for Pfizer. I guess you can call them to ask directly as I haven't been there in a few months so maybe things changed.

Thanks.

I'll see and decide by next week. I am now 50-50 about it. 

I just asked that question of Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. They said they do not have the vaccine now. When they again have a supply, they will make a public announcement.

Edited by PaulDee
correct typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulDee said:

I just asked that question of Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. They said they do not have the vaccine now. When they again have a supply, they will make a public announcement.

I got the same answer from them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, campbell said:

You can get the Moderna bivalent vaccine for free if you are living in Thailand as opposed to being a tourist at the following Bangkok venues:

Atrium zone, 5th floor, CentralWorld shopping mall on Rama I Road 

Noon to 6pm every Friday to Saturday until May 28 (except the election weekend on May 13-14).

MBK 6th floor Zone D
9am to 3pm daily until May 12th then the weekends of 20-21 May, 27-28 May

You will need your passport and previous vaccine certificates.

I had my booster earlier this week at MBK. It was busy but quick. 

Thanks. 

But, sadly, I am on tourist status. I might just try my luck though, taking those documents with me, and talking to them in Thai. It might just work ????

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Pfizer-Junkies can get their shots usually for free in their home countries .

Correct. That has been the case with me. But, I will be here in Thailand for 5 more weeks, and sadly, Covid cases seem to be on the increase here nowadays so I wanted to have it done here by next week the latest. 

Well, if my attempt that I wrote above doesn't work, I will just say 'Never mind', and will have it done when I go back home. 

2 hours ago, JemJem said:

Correct. That has been the case with me. But, I will be here in Thailand for 5 more weeks, and sadly, Covid cases seem to be on the increase here nowadays so I wanted to have it done here by next week the latest. 

Well, if my attempt that I wrote above doesn't work, I will just say 'Never mind', and will have it done when I go back home. 

Exactly COVID cases are rising and when you are in a  high risk group staying up to date with your vaccines is important especially when most people don't have allergies or reactions to the vaccine. I think the vaccine is free here in Thailand at government hospitals.

13 hours ago, campbell said:

You can get the Moderna bivalent vaccine for free if you are living in Thailand as opposed to being a tourist at the following Bangkok venues:

Atrium zone, 5th floor, CentralWorld shopping mall on Rama I Road 

Noon to 6pm every Friday to Saturday until May 28 (except the election weekend on May 13-14).

MBK 6th floor Zone D
9am to 3pm daily until May 12th then the weekends of 20-21 May, 27-28 May

You will need your passport and previous vaccine certificates.

I had my booster earlier this week at MBK. It was busy but quick. 

Hi, Can I ask re the MBK option.... do they have astra zeneca jab????

thanks

I tried Bangkok Hospital 2 weeks ago they had just run out of Pfizer. Check on the 4th May and they sign my wife and me up Moderna new version we get ours 18 May. They told me free because it's the Thai Government supply, but I still think they will have their normal service fees which 500 THB per person.