Luxury condos right on the highway and busy roads

Spent 3 years at Ideo Verve On Nut (Not luxury) which is right opposite On Nut BTS Station & on Sukhumvit Road but because we had a Unit at the rear corner there was no noise from Traffic from the road.

We were on floor 12A (floor 13 really but apparently they're superstitious there so the floors went 10, 11, 12, 12A, 14, 15 etc...) so not really a high floor. 

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. A location like that would immediately disqualify the unit. Is there not already enough dust and bad air here? And the noise. I get it, if there was a huge discount for the bad environment. 

When I make major trips, I often notice nice homes, developments, and condos built in horrific locations. Right off the interstate in the US. Right off the highway in Thailand. Noisy, dusty, nasty. No privacy. Yikes. 

Some people either have very very poor judgment, or noise and excessive dust and pollution does not seem to bother them. Or, they just did not consider it sufficiently, when buying. Or renting. I don't get it. 

My condo is right on Sukhumvit, 2 mins walk to a BTS station. 

I'm on the 4th floor and cannot hear any road noise. I don't have a balcony and I don't open my windows, what I do have is a really great pool and garden right outside my unit. If I go out to the pool/garden I can hear the traffic and watch the skytrain go past.  

For me being so close to the BTS and the road is a major plus point as it means I can walk to the BTS and getting a metered taxi is a doddle. No need to ever take those horrible motocy's.

• Thumbs Up 1

Too summarise what i have got so far - 

1) You want to be exactly near a BTS and MRT so you compensate on having bad air and noise pollution around you. 

2) You don't sit on a balcony, don't use the gardens or pools of your condo so any pollution is irrelevant to you. 

So i am taking this as a valuable commodity in Bangkok for many. 

For me i am trying to strike a balance. Sure it's important to be near a BTS and MRT, but for me i simply can't be near a main road with so much traffic and all that grind and filth that brings in. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In general the apartments and condos near highways are well constructed, look nice and have some amenities like pools and fitness rooms, but are far from luxury. Luxury to me is not having the majority of rooms 28-45 square meters and densely packed in. What do you define as luxury? 

On 5/5/2023 at 5:49 AM, DonniePeverley said:

Too summarise what i have got so far - 

1) You want to be exactly near a BTS and MRT so you compensate on having bad air and noise pollution around you. 

2) You don't sit on a balcony, don't use the gardens or pools of your condo so any pollution is irrelevant to you. 

So i am taking this as a valuable commodity in Bangkok for many. 

For me i am trying to strike a balance. Sure it's important to be near a BTS and MRT, but for me i simply can't be near a main road with so much traffic and all that grind and filth that brings in. 

I don't know if you are looking to buy or rent.  Manor is about 1 kilometer from BTS.   Has balconies overlooking the river, big enough to have a small table and several chairs (at least ours is).   You can see it on google earth.

Manor Sanambinnam (แมเนอร์ สนามบินน้ำ) -Condominium complex

Bang Krasaw, Mueang Nonthaburi District
Nonthaburi 11000
Thailand

+66 2 526 8833
Open 24 hours

On 5/4/2023 at 10:11 PM, DonniePeverley said:

Is it just me or is this massively unappealling ?

Your priorities are just different from Thais staying in these luxury condos.

Driving a car through small sois is annoying, and being stuck in traffic even more. By being right next to a big road you avoid this, it can also save you quite some time every day.

On 5/7/2023 at 3:05 AM, FriendlyFarang said:

Your priorities are just different from Thais staying in these luxury condos.

Driving a car through small sois is annoying, and being stuck in traffic even more. By being right next to a big road you avoid this, it can also save you quite some time every day.

Save you time - but unable to open a window. The trade offs.