IF Generative AI raises global GDP by 7%, according to Sachs, then How Will it IMPROVE Your Life in Thailand? Will You have more disposable income, ETC?

My Friends,

Socks and Golden have made another prediction about AI and the redundancy of 300 million jobs due to present-day advancement in AI.  Here is the beginning of this article:

"Breakthroughs in generative artificial intelligence have the potential to bring about sweeping changes to the global economy, according to Goldman Sachs Research. As tools using advances in natural language processing work their way into businesses and society, they could drive a 7% (or almost $7 trillion) increase in global GDP and lift productivity growth by 1.5 percentage points over a 10-year period."

https://www.goldmansachs.com/intelligence/pages/generative-ai-could-raise-global-gdp-by-7-percent.html

So, if the economy grows so rapidly due to AI, will there be, even, any need for us to work?

Will we all be able to retire early, and apply for retirement visas, too?

What will you do with your newly found free time?

Personally, I will DEFINITELY continue to teach English and English Terminology for Science, and Concepts of Science and Biology. Biology is becoming increasingly important in today's world of silicon wafers and silicon-based intelligence.

I need to work, as I assume you do to, just in order to have enough energy to get out of bed in the morning.

You really gotta have a purpose.

You must have something to contribute, and there must be a need for what you have to offer.

So, what about you?

What will you do with your increased time and increased AI-derived wealth?

Will you squander these two important resources in Pattaya? Or, will you do something useful with the rest of your life?

Regards,

Gamma

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

I think you need to turn your perspective of this AI revolution around:

1.  300 million jobs lost.

2. 7% increase in productivity.

So 300 million people will become poorer and maybe 3 million business owners will become richer.

So the real question is 'Which group are you in?'

• Thanks 1

It really GALLS me, almost infinitely, when I make stupid spelling errors, and I am such a lazy person for not wanting to proofread my many habitual typos.

"I need to work, as I assume you do to, just in order to have enough energy to get out of bed in the morning.

You really gotta have a purpose."

You see what I mean?

How difficult could it be just to add an extra ZERO to "to", if I had only taken the time to skim what I had written?

Hopefully, and hopefully soon, AI will put an end to both my typos and to my writing. I know it will.  But, for me, the question is WHEN!??

I have no doubt that, this time three years from now, much of what is being written here will be written by computers with very little human intervention.

I am not sure that any computer, no matter how advanced, could write like I do, but I am prepared for this eventuality if it does, indeed, happen.

Maybe someday soon, I will finally be able to lay down my quill, and sip piña coladas, instead.

I am not sure if I have made any typos in this comment, this time, but I am afraid to look.

Years ago, I developed a very bad reputation for creative spellings.

I have since taken on a different writing style, but my misspellings persist.

I am sure that I will be out of a job, even a non-paid job, fairly soon.

Obviously, the dream of programmed learning is almost upon us now, and BF Skinner would have said that he told us so.

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

I think you need to turn your perspective of this AI revolution around:

1.  300 million jobs lost.

2. 7% increase in productivity.

So 300 million people will become poorer and maybe 3 million business owners will become richer.

So the real question is 'Which group are you in?'

That is exactly what will happen. It's all about "which group are you in".