Raja Ferries Again !!

Anyone else tried taking a vehicle from Koh Phangan to Samui lately ??

need to go catch Raja ferry from Kho Phangan  to Samui, taking the car

Seems Raja ferries have now stopped going to Samui from Phangan with no idea if or when it will resume

Told to catch boat to Donsak, 3 hours, then another boat to samui,  1.5 hours

now have to go shopping in Surat Thani instead, 3 hour boat, plus 1 hour drive each way

think its time to get rid of Raja and its old boat wrecks and get someone better 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Joinaman said:

think its time to get rid of Raja and its old boat wrecks and get someone better 

You chose to live on an island without considering the possibilities of getting to the mainland???? And now the ferry service has stopped. Maybe because there is not enough vehicle traffic. What do all the other residents do use Seatran?

17 hours ago, Joinaman said:

a couple of toilets, sinks, wash basins, wall and floor tiles, and lots of large tubs of paint , plus many small items too

Go on a scooter to the shop and ask them to deliver. I am sure there is a guy with a pickup who will oblige.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Joinaman said:
17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... shopping for something so heavy it needs a car to transport ???

yes, unless you want to help carry a couple of toilets, sinks, wash basins, wall and floor tiles, and lots of large tubs of paint , plus many small items too

not easy to fit and carry in a backpack unfortunately 

Ah...  Well, that makes it trickier...    

But... to be fair, I’d never carry any of that in my car in Bangkok either....  I’d request that any such items are delivered.... 

Thus: Can you not go on foot to visit said home-depot shop, order what you need and request delivery ?

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

You chose to live on an island without considering the possibilities of getting to the mainland???? And now the ferry service has stopped. Maybe because there is not enough vehicle traffic. What do all the other residents do use Seatran?

Go on a scooter to the shop and ask them to deliver. I am sure there is a guy with a pickup who will oblige.

not enough vehicle traffic ?

not enough seaworthy boats to cope with the traffic 

How many boatys have Raja lost lately ? one caught fire, one sunk, one got wrecked in the port and if you manage to catch one to the mainland, they xan take up to 1 to 1.5 hrs longer than advertised due to the bad condition pf the boats 

Yup, Seatran  if they can. they are more expensive, but much better condition and more reliable

yup, i suppose i could go asking how much they would charge 

for transport and paying their price to bring it, but a bit pointless when im already there buying 

how much would they charge to go back to the mainland and then to here , 5 hr trip minimim ?

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ah...  Well, that makes it trickier...    

But... to be fair, I’d never carry any of that in my car in Bangkok either....  I’d request that any such items are delivered.... 

Thus: Can you not go on foot to visit said home-depot shop, order what you need and request delivery ?

yup, but unlike the mainland the delivery can be a long time and very expensive 

i used to have all my stuff delivered when  i lived in Isaan, but they didnt have to spend 9 or 10 hours round trip to deliver them either 

You could just go to the other pier, it's like 10 minutes from each other. Anyway, the fast boat to phangan is 2 hours and slow 2.5 hours, not 3 hours. The fast boat from phangan to samui is just 30 minutes too.

15 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You could just go to the other pier, it's like 10 minutes from each other. Anyway, the fast boat to phangan is 2 hours and slow 2.5 hours, not 3 hours. The fast boat from phangan to samui is just 30 minutes too.

The tread is about a car ferry...:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1